Undergraduate Studies at HSE University – St Petersburg
HSE University – St Petersburg currently offers 12 undergraduate programmes in seven fields of study leading to a state-accredited Bachelor’s degree:
- 3 programmes are delivered 100% in English to meet the demands of international applicants without any knowledge of Russian language (a preparatory year is NOT required to enroll to these programmes).
- 9 programmes are delivered mostly in Russian and therefore require high Russian language proficiency; please note that all Russian-taught programmes also embed minimum 25% of courses in English.
Programmes in English
Programmes in Russian
Features of the Programmes
- 4 years, full-time studies
- 240 ECTS credits
- Online application submitted before the deadline for 2018-2019 intake: August 20, 2019
- High school certificate or equivalent recognized by the Russian Federation and duly legalized, if applicable (if you do not yet have your high school certificate at the time of application, you can submit an official high school transcript pf records for last 3 years)
- Successfull passing of 2 programme-specific entrance examinations (online or on-capmus)
Choose your programme
Create your Applicant's Personal Account (APA)
Visit the Applicant's Personal Account webpage.
To access your APA you need to get your own login and password. Click 'Get login and password' and fill out a simple registration form.
It’s important to provide a working and accessible email address and contact phone number in this application otherwise we may be unable to contact you regarding further application steps.
You will receive your APA login and password to your email address.
To make application process simpler for you we have prepared a short tutorial video about filling out the application form.
Prepare and submit your application from APA
Login to APA using your credentials and carefully fill out the application form.
We recommend you to prepare your documents in advance. You will need:
- Copy of the first page of your passport and a recent photo of you;
- Copy of your high school certificate or equivalent. If you have not received your high school certificate yet, please attach a recent transcript of grades and marks for last 3 years;
- Not compulsory, but additional: the documents showing your achievements in studies (e.g., diplomas, language proficiency certificates).
You are allowed to apply for up to 2 undergraduate programmes (1st and 2nd priorities).
If you would like to apply for HSE Gold Scholarship (100% tuition fee waiver) tick the 'Tuition-free (quota)' box; if this box is not tickable, it means that the programme you choose does not provide scholarships and only tuition fee-based study is available.
Please note that getting HSE Gold Scholarship is possible if you apply before February 28, 2019.
Сheck the correctness of your application before clicking 'Submit application'.
Application review and entrance examinations
Your application will be forwarded to International Admissions for preliminary review. We will send you an email if there is a need to clarify your application. It is essential to reply us timely. If we do not receive a timely reply, your application might be rejected.
Then you have to register and pass the entrance exams (tests) in accordance with the list of entrance examinations for the programmes you are applying for.
For example, if you are applying for the Bachelor’s programme in International Business and Management studies (tests in Math and English are required) and for the Bachelor’s programme in Asian and African Studies (tests in Russian and English are required), then register for 3 tests (Math, Russian, English) to increase your chances to get admission to both programmes.
You opt to have exams ether on campus or online. Online exams (proctoring) are carried out through Examus platform. All instructions regarding registration for online exams will be sent you by email.
In order to get well-prepared for your exams, please scrutinize test samples.
Don't miss you test appointment! There should be a solid reason for missing the date and time, please let the programme's selection committee know it in as in advance as possible by sending an email to email@example.com.
Test results will be published in your APA within a week after the test.
Admission based on the entrance exams (tests results)
To become eligible for enrollment, you have to earn minimal pass score for each of two entrance tests required for a relevant programme.
Subject to the scores you get for both exams, the programme's selection committee may:
1. Approve your application and nominate you to the short list of candidates for HSE Gold Scholarship (a scolarships covers 100% of the annual tuition fee).
In case two applicants have equal overall score in a ranking, advantage will be given to the applicant who meets following criteria as below (from the most important to the least important):
- the applicant who earned a bigger score for the test that has a higher priority in the list of entrance examinations for the relevant programme;
- the applicant who participated in the HSE International Youth Olympiad and earned a bigger score for the relevant discipline.
HSE Gold Scholarship nominations are subject to approval by the HSE Quota Commission. Final decision is made by the Ministry of Education and Science of Russian Federation.
Please bear in mind that application period for HSE Gold Scolarship is open till February 28, 2019.
2. Approve your application for a self-funded (tuition fee) studies.
Depending on your entrance tests score (in total for both exams) of your application, you may become eligible for a tuition fee waiver:
- 130-149 points — 25% of the annual tuition fee waiver;
- 150-169 points — 50% of the annual tuition fee waiver;
- above 170 points — 70% of the annual tuition fee waiver.
3. Reject your application
If the first priority programme rejects your application, it will be automatically forwarded to the second priority programme. If the second priority programme rejects your application, unfortunately, we are unable to admit you to our undergraduate studies this year.
Please feel free to apply for our programmes next year!
Preparing your enrolment and arrival to St Petersburg
If you are nominated for the HSE Gold Scholarship, please follow Guidelines for international applicants conditionally nominated for HSE Gold Scholarship (state-funded quota).
If you become eligible for enrollment for self-funded (tuition fee) studies, please follow Guidelines for international applicants conditionally accepted to self-funded seats.
All information about arrivals, accommodation, orientation meetings etc. will be sent to you upon confirmation of your study place.
The academic year starts on September, 1.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.