Undergraduate Studies at HSE - St. Petersburg
Undergraduate opportunities at HSE - St. Petersburg
- HSE St. Petersburg currently offers 10 undergraduate programmes in six fields of study leading to a state-accredited Bachelor’s degree
- 7 undergraduate programmes at HSE - St. Petersburg are delivered mostly in Russian and therefore require high Russian language proficiency; please note that all Russian-taught programmes also embed up to 50% courses in English
- 3 international undergraduate programmes at HSE - St. Petersburg are delivered 100% in English to meet the demands of international applicants without any knowledge of Russian language (a preparatory year is NOT required to enroll to these programmes):
Bachelor in International Business and Management
Apply online now! Download programme leaflet
Bachelor in Political Science and World Politics
Apply online now! Download programme leaflet
Apply online now! Download programme leaflet
Bachelor's Degree Requirements
- 4 years, full-time studies
- 240 ECTS credits
- Final examination (except the Bachelor’s in Economics and Bachelor’s in Public Policy and Analytics programmes)
- Thesis paper (all programmes; can be completed in Russian or English)
Undergraduate Admissions – General Requirements
- On-line application submitted before the deadline for 2017 intake: August 10, 2017
- High school certificate or equivalent recognized by the Russian Federation and duly legalized, if applicable (if you do not yet have your high school certificate at the time of application, you can submit an official high school transcript pf records for last 3 years)
- Successfull passing of 2 programme-specific entrance examinations (remote test form or in-person examination form)
- Completing required enrollment procedures (arriving to St. Petersburg, signing study contract and paying the first tuition fee installment) by August, 30 at the latest
Undergaduate Application Procedure and Deadlines
HSE currently provides one intake per academic year with the start of classes on September 1.
The application period for 2017 intake is open from November 1, 2016 till August 10, 2017 (deadline)
The application period is devided into 3 rounds as below:
|1 round (closed)||2 round OPEN!||3 round|
|applications submission period||01.11.2016 - 01.02.2017||01.02-01.05.2017||01.05-10.08.2017|
|entrance examinations: |
1 app. round: Olympiad + interviews
2-3 app. rounds: entrance tests
3 app. round: in-person entrance exams
|till 10.02.2017||entrance tests|
|in-person entrance exams|
|HSE Gold Scholarship (quota) award decision||till 20.02.2017||till 20.05.2017||no HSE Gold Scholarships are awarded in this round|
NB! After the first application round some programmes have awarded all HSE Gold Scholarships allocated for the 2017 intake. Only applications to self-funded (tuition fee) places will be considered during the 2 and 3 application rounds to following programmes:
Master’s degree programmes in Finance; Strategic Management in Logistics; Marketing Technologies; State, Society and Economic Development in Modern Asia
Applications are considered on the Rolling Admission principle - e.g. the sooner you submit your application the better chances you have to receive an enrollment offer and a scholarship offer!
Applications to our undergraduate programmes are made on-line through the Applicant's Personal Account (APA) at HSE website. Successfull applicants have to provide an admission package in hard copy via post on later steps of application & admissions process.
Please follow next steps to apply for our undergraduate programmes:
Step 1: Choose your programme
Check out the catalogue of our undergraduate programmes, choose up to 3 programmes, learn about tuition fees and scholarship availability, visit programme's website to learn more about the programme and programme-specific admission requirements.
Step 2: Create your Applicant's Personal Account (APA)
- visit the Applicant's Personal Account webpage
- should the page appear in Russian language, please switch to English version by clicking the Union Jack icon in the upper right corner of the page
- click "Get login and password" link, fill out simple registration form (select "Bachelor's degree programme" in the "type of programme" field) and click "Submit application" button
- within 5-7 working days after registration you will receive your APA login and password to your email
Step 3: Prepare and submit your application from APA
- login to APA using your credentials; you will directly access the application form
- carefully fill out the application form, choose up to 3 undergraduate programmes that you want to apply for in the "Field of study" box. To select a programme, click on the box so that it turns green and the list collapses.
- please indicate if you want to apply and compete for HSE Gold Scholarship (100% tuition fee waiver) by ticking the "Tuition-free (quota)" box; if this box is not tickable, it means that the programme you choose does not provide scholarships and only tuition fee-based study is available
- carefully prepare in advance and attach all required documents to your application form:
- Copy of the first page of your travelling passport
- Copy of your high school certificate or equivalent; if you have not yet received your high school certificate, please attach a recent transcript of grades and marks for last 3 2-3 years; please note: these documents are required to be in English or in Russian or with attached translation into English or Russian language
- Motivation letter up to one A4 page 12 pt (in English - for international programmes; in Russian - for other programmes), attach a photo to the Motivation letter
- Additional application documents (if available): International Language Certificates (TOEFL, IETLS, CAE), Russian as a foreign language certificate (TRKI), international competitions, olympiads etc. diplomas, other academic achievements certificates. It is strongly recommended to attach only the most recent certificates, not more than 3-4 in total.
- when your application is completed, wait a little - do not click "Submit application" unless you are sure all your attachements are properly uploaded!
- Be careful: once sumbitted, no changes can be made to your application except attaching missing documents; duplicate applications are not allowed
Step 4: Application review and entrance examinations
- you application will be forwarded to International Admissions for preliminary review. Should we need to clarify anything in your application, we will send you an email enquire. It is essential to reply to our enquires timely - if we do not receive a timely reply, your application might be rejected.
- should you application be all right, your admission is now subject to successful entrance examinations
- if you reside in a country that is on the visiting list of the HSE Selection Commission in 2017, you will have to pass entrance tests in your country with during the visit of HSE Selection Commission - please check out the list of countries, follow the schedule and register for tests properly!
- if you reside in a country, where the HSE Selection Commission will not go in 2017, you will receive and email invitation for remote entrance testing (proctoring)
- you will have to select a proper combination of entrance tests in accordance with the list of entrance examinations for the programme you are applying to. If you indicated several programmes in your application that have different combination of tests, please select all necessary tests in the registration form.
- Register for the tests as according to the guidelines in the email. Check out test regulations, technical requirements and prepare yourself using test samples
- don't miss you test appointment! Test results will be published in your APA within a week after the test
- international applicants also have a right to take the in-person entrance examinations in Saint-Petersburg on August 10-20, 2017 (the schedule will be published in July)
Step 5: Admission based on the entrance exams / tests results
- to become eligible for enrollment, you have to earn minimal pass score for each of two tests required for a relevant programme; should you earn minimal pass score, the status of your application in APA will change to "recommended for commercial (self-funded) studies", and you will receive an email notification with further instructions
- applicants eraned test scores above the average may become eligible for the HSE Best Applicant Scholarship (discount off tuition fee); the average score and the volume of discounts will be published here in April 2017
- nominations for the HSE Gold Scholarships within the 2 application round are made upon the final ranking of applicant's overall score (sum of scores for two tests) for each programme. The list of HSE Gold Scholarship nominees will appear on this website after May 10, 2017
1) the applicant who earned a bigger score for the test that has a higher priority in the list of entrance examinations for the relevant programme
2) the applicant who has participated in the HSE Internaitonal Youth Olympiad and earned a bigger score for the relevant discipline
3) the applicant who has provided evidence of additional achievements - subject to decision of the HSE Selection Commission upon a Skype-interview
In case none of these criteria apply, the decision is made by the HSE Selection Commission upon a Skype-internview with each of the applicants with equal score.
- Please check the Scholarships section of our website to check if there are any HSE Gold Scholarships available for the 2 application round at the programme of your choice.
- We shall remind you that all nominations for the HSE Gold Scholarship are conditional unless approved by the HSE Quota Commission. This procedure is rarther formal and does not require any special action from the nominees. The final decision on the allocation of a state-funded quota place is taken by the Ministry of Education and Science of Russia upn the HSE Quota Commission's nomination and applicant's Final Scholarship Application Package.
Step 6: Preparing your enrollement at arrival to Saint-Petersburg
you are nominated for the HSE Gold Scholarship: please strictly follow these guidelines!
you earned a minimal score for each test and became eligible for enrollment for self-funded (tuition fee) studies:
- you will receive a Conditional Letter of Admission and guidelines for the next steps
- it is essential to pay the fist tuition fee installment and to bring the Enrollment Package with you to Saint-Petersburg before August 28, 2017 at the very latest as stated in the guidelines
- should you need a Russian student visa, please fill out the visa invitation application form asap
- to sign the enrollment contract with the university, your passport shall be valid at lease till the end of March 2018 (18 Months ahead the commencement of the academic year); the enrollment contract for underaged applicants shall be signed by one of the parents or by a legal representative
The academic year at HSE - Saint Petersburg starts on September, 1
Accommodation and Facilities
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!