HSE - St. Petersburg currently offers 15 full-time graduate programmes in six fields of study leading to a state-accredited Master’s degree. 10 graduate programmes at HSE - St. Petersburg are delivered in Russian language and also include courses taught in English. The proportion of English-taught and Russian-taught courses inside curricula varies among programmes. This means that proficiency in both Russian and English is required to meet entry requirements and to successfully graduate from these programmes.5 international graduate programmes at HSE - St. Petersburg are aimed at international applicants and are taught 100% in English.
Our Master in Finance programme is also member of the IMESS programme (led by University College London (UCL)), which offers its students the opportunity to earn two degrees - a Master’s degree in Economics and Business from UCL and a Master’s degree in Finance from HSE. Applications to the IMESS programme are managed by UCL. Please click here for application details.
Master's Degree Requirements
- 2 years, full-time studies
- 120 ECTS credits
- Final examination (only in the Master’s in Advocacy, Master’s in Big Data Analysis and Master’s in Civic and Commercial Law programmes)
- Thesis Paper (can be completed in Russian or English; should be completed in English in all international programmes taught in English)
General Requirements for Graduate Admissions and Eligibility
- Online application submitted before the deadline for 2018-2019 intake: July 15, 2018
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent recognized by the Russian Federation and duly legalized (if applicable)
- Meeting language proficiency requirements:
specific English language proficiency requirements for English-taught programmes (see portfolio description for minimal requirements and waivers)
Russian language proficiency for Russian-taught programmes (high proficiency in Russian is required and is checked during the interview)
- Successfull application review, incl. an interview with programme's selection committee
- Completing required enrollment procedures (arriving to St. Petersburg, signing study contract and paying the first tuition fee installment) by August, 28 at latest.
Application, Admission and Enrollment Procedures and Deadlines
HSE currently provides one intake per academic year with the start of classes on September 1 (October 1 for Master in Applied and Interdisciplinary History).
The application period for 2018-2019 intake is open from November 15, 2017 till July 15, 2018 (deadline).
Applications submitted before February 28, 2018 will be considered for full tuition scholarships. Tuition free scholarships are awarded to the restricted number of highly qualified applicants. No additional application for scholarship is required.
Applications are considered on the Rolling Admission principle - e.g. the sooner you submit your application the better chances you have to receive an enrollment offer and a scholarship offer!
Applications to our graduate programmes are made online through the Applicant's Personal Account (APA) at HSE website. Successfull applicants have to provide an admission package in hard copy via post on later steps of application & admissions process.
To learn about all international graduate programmes offered at other HSE campuses, please visit the HSE International Admission website