The proportion of English-taught and Russian-taught courses inside curricula varies among programmes.
This means that proficiency in both Russian and English is required to meet entry requirements and to successfully graduate from these programmes.
6 graduate programmes are fully taught in English.
Programmes in English
There are three admission tracks available for international applicants, which complement one another.
International Applications to the graduate programmes for 2024/2025 academic year will be open from November 1, 2023
- by August 11, 2024 – for citizens from countries with visa regime;
- by August 11, 2024 – for citizens from visa-free countries.
International applicants are required to submit portfolio and have an interview (online or on-campus).
All applicants have the opportunity to be enrolled as a self-paid student or get an HSE Gold Scholarship.
Please note that all applicants conditionally accepted the HSE Gold Scholarship have to provide the required documents in soft copies no later than the end of March, 2024.
Graduate international applicants are welcomed to take part in the following competitions (some restrictions apply)
- Open Doors: Russian Scholarship Project;
- International Olympiad Competitions for University Students and Graduates ('The Higher League').
Please check the deadlines and requirements on the webpages of the Olympiads.
Winners have the opportunity to get a scholarship or receive additional benefits if they are entering fee-payimg places.
Certain categories of international applicants are eligible to apply for a state-funded or fee-paying place via general admissions
- Citizens of Belarus, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan (national passport must be provided).
- Citizens of Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova,Tajikistan,Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Ukraine permanently residing in Russia (permanent residence document must be provided).
- Compatriots living abroad (Compatriot status confirmation must be provided according to Federal Law N99 dated 24.05.1999).
Under the general admission international applicants compete with Russian applicants.
Please check this webpage to learn more about the general admission (available only in Russian).
If you have questions regarding general admission, please contact via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entrance exams include a portfolio competition and an interview.
- The portfolio includes the following documents: CV, motivation letter, at least one recommendation letter; copy of the bachelor's degree.
Graduate Programmes Coordinator