Practical training is a form of educational activity during studies under a given degree programme, with learners completing certain types of tasks, related to their future professional activities and aimed at building, consolidating, and developing practical skills and competencies specific to the respective degree programme. The goals and objectives of practical training shall be attained through the implementation of PTEs. The implementation of practical training for HSE students is provided in the module of the study plan of the educational programme, that is titled "Internship".
The procedure for organizing and conducting PTEs of HSE students is regulated by Regulations on Practical Training of Students under Core Bachelor’s, Specialist and Master’s Programmes at HSE University.
You can also read about the organization of internship at the HSE in the academic handbook at the link.
The conditions and features of the implementation of PTEs provided by the curriculum of the study plan of the educational programme "Management and Analytics for Business" students of 2022 intake are described in the Practical Training Programme: Internship programme intake 2022
You can learn more about the preparation of Master's dissertation in the document "Guidelines for Master Dissertation" on the page "Final State Certification".
Year of study
Practical training elements (PTEs)
Credits and academic hours
Module 4 of 1st year – Module 3 of 2nd year
Work Experience Internship / Science and Research Internship **
*The mandatory project activity is 3 ECTS credits for students of the year of enrolment 2022.
** Depending on the study track.
Work Experience Internship/Science and Research Internship
The programme provides one Work Experience Internship/Science and Research Internship in the 3rd module of the 2nd year of study.
Internship dates in the academic year 2023/2024: 15 January 2024 - 16 March 2024
Place of internship
Place of internship is approved by the internship supervisor. Deadline is to be confirmed.
There are the following ways to find a place of internship:
1. Get assistance from Career Development Centre. Each year, the CDC forms a base of places for internship, which will be provided by our partners for students.
2. Your internship supervisor can help to find a place of internship.
3. Internship can be done in the laboratories and research centers of the Higher School of Economics, in this case you need to contact the heads of the respective structural units.
Providing a signed internship agreement to internship supervisor and uploading it to LMS (deadline is to be confirmed)
Internship guidelines for the academic year 2023-2024 are availble in Internship Programme intake 2022 Appendix B
1. At the beginning of the internship, together with the internship supervisor, students draw up an individual assignment for the internship and the schedule of internship. Depending on the place of internship, these documents can be provided both in Russian and English. They are filled in during the internship and signed by internship supervisors from the HSE and the company. After the internship is completed, an individual task and a internship schedule are presented together with the internship report on the day of defence. In the absence of these documents or the absence of the necessary signatures in them, the student will be denied admission to the defense.
Individual task for the internship in English Individual internship assignment
Individual task for the internship in Russian Индивидуальное задание
Filled in example of individual task for the internship Individual internship assignment-Example
2. It is necessary to sign an agreement. If the student is doing internships through the Career Development Centre or at the HSE structural unit, no agreement is required. The argeement number must be registered at the by internship supervisor.
3. After the end of the internship, internship supervisor from company writes a review. The review can be provided in both Russian and English.
Review in English: Internship Regulations, Appendix B
Review in Russian Отзыв
4. During the internship, students write a report. The report must be conducted in English. A sample report structure and the title page are given in Internship Regulations, Appendix A.
The report is submitted in electronic form before the defence of the internship for verification by the dissertation supervisor and the supervisor of the internship.
Internship defence is conduted with the board during exam period of the 3rd module. To the defense student brings a printed report, completed and signed individual assignment and schedule of the internship, review from the company.
Students who do not complete the internship program without valid reason or who have received an unsatisfactory grade are considered to have academic failure.
Term Paper guidelines are described in the Practical Training Programme: Internship Programme MIM&A 2022 Appendix A
Term paper topics (i.e term paper titles) are selected using the LMS system through the module "Thesis/Term paper topics" ("Course themes").
You can apply for a topic from those proposed by faculty members or propose your own topic. Please note that it is important to contact the supervisor and discuss the final topic.
The request for changing the term paper topic/title is submitted through the LMS system using the module "Thesis/Term paper topics" ("Couse themes").
|20 November||30 April||14 June, 23.00||21 June, 14.00|
Deadline for submitting applications
on the topic of term papers in the LMS
to the supervisor or choosing
a topic from those specified in the LMS
Submission of a request for title
and/or supervisor change
Submission of the final version
of the term in LMS system,
antiplagiarism check with “Antiplagiat” system
Term Paper Defense
The level of borrowings in your term paper cannot be more than 20%!