Managing sports events: facilities, operations and economic impact
- understand the sport fans by topics as: consumer behavior; market segmentation; sponsorships; the role social media; personalities; branding; sports communication.
- Students will be able to develop academic research evaluating previous sport events as well.
- Students will be able to elaborate sport event management plans, evaluating costs, risks and expected impacts from them
- Introduction to Sports Facilities Management
- Risk Management in Sports Events
- Match-day Operation
- Social and Economic Impact of Sport Events
- presentations and tasks completed/presented during the seminar
- final presentation
- attendance of lectures
- 2021/2022 1st module
- 2021/2022 2nd module0.15 * attendance of lectures + 0.4 * final presentation + 0.45 * presentations and tasks completed/presented during the seminar
- Dennis Coates. (2007). Stadiums And Arenas: Economic Development Or Economic Redistribution? Contemporary Economic Policy, 4, 565. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1465-7287.2007.00073.x
- Eric C. Schwarz, Stacey A. Hall, & Simon Shibli. (2020). Sport Facility Operations Management : A Global Perspective: Vol. Third Edition. Routledge.
- Dennis Coates, & Brad R. Humphreys. (2003). Professional sports facilities, franchises and urban economic development.
- Preuss, H. (2007). The Conceptualisation and Measurement of Mega Sport Event Legacies. Journal of Sport & Tourism, 12(3/4), 207–228. https://doi.org/10.1080/14775080701736957