- The aim of the course is to show how to work with hierarchical data structures using R.
- To understand the basic principles of multilevel modeling
- Being able to access the results of multilevel modeling and interpret them statistically and sociologically
- To model individual cases within groups choosing the best model
- To apply multilevel modeling techniques in practical research
- Principles of multilevel modelling
- Hierarchical OLS – model
- Hierarchical binary logistic model
- Diagnostics of multilevel model
- Non-hierarchical multilevel model
- Interim assessment (2 module)0.5 * Final essay + 0.25 * Mid-term presentation of the individual project proposal + 0.25 * Midterm exam
- Multilevel analysis: An introduction to basic and advanced multilevel modeling. (1999). SAGE Publications.
- Gelman, A., & Hill, J. (2007). Data Analysis Using Regression and Multilevel/Hierarchical Models. Cambridge University Press.