On this page, we have compiled all the latest updates related to the coronavirus outbreak for HSE community members. The page will continue to be updated as new information becomes available.
Take care of yourself and stay safe!
The new academic year 2020/2021 to start offline. Due to the epidemiological situation, the University introduces new rules.
1. Face masks. You must use personal respiratory protective equipment (masks, respirators) while being in the university buildings. Please keep in mind that the use of other objects (scarfs, tissues etc.) instead of the above mentioned is not permitted!
Please comply with this requirement, otherwise, you will not be allowed to attend classes.
You do not have to use personal respiratory protective equipment in the following cases:
- While having a meal in a cafe or dining room;
- While giving presentations during the classes;
- While being in the dormitory’s private places (your rooms and flats).
2. Body temperature control. Campus entrances will have body temperature checkpoints. If you have a high temperature, you will not be allowed to attend classes.
3. Inform about your health status. If you feel unwell or have the symptoms of SARS, inform your study office manager. If you infected or have been in contact with a person who has COVID-19, you must also inform your study office manager and observe self-isolation regime.
4. Risk group students may study online. Provided that you have a disease mentioned in the Annex to the following Order, you can study online. If you have any reasons to study in a distance mode, please inform your study office manager.
5. Taking a test for COVID-19 upon arrival to the Russian Federation. If you came from another country, you have to take a test for COVID-19 within 3 days of your arrival. You must provide the test results to the Social Welfare Office.
6. International students must take a test for COVID-19 and have medical insurance policy. International students must acquire voluntary medical insurance policy and provide the document stating the negative result for COVID-19 to the dormitory administration and International Student Support Office.
7. International students must observe self-isolation on arriving in Russia. If you are an international student coming to Russia from abroad, you must observe 14-day self-isolation and take a test for COVID-19 on the 10th day upon your arrival. In this case, students do not have to attend classes.
8. Take care! When in the university buildings and public spaces, use sanitizers and keep a safe distance.
We are looking forward to seeing you at HSE University – Saint Petersburg!