How to Apply
There are three pathways to get admitted to the programme:
1. International Admissions
International Applications to the graduate programmes for 2023/2024 academic year are open:
- by August 14, 2023 – for citizens from countries with visa regime;
- by August 14, 2023 – for citizens from visa-free countries.
International applicants are required to submit portfolio and have an interview (online or on-campus).
The portfolio includes the following compulsory documents: CV, motivation letter, at least one recommendation letter, as well as a copy of the bachelor's degree or an equivalent, duly legalised and notary translated into Russian.
Criteria for Portfolio Assessment 2023/2024
All applicants have the opportunity to be enrolled as a self-paid student or get an HSE Gold Scholarship.
Please note that all applicants conditionally accepted for the HSE Gold Scholarship have to provide the required documents in soft copies no later than June 1, 2022.
Self-paid students may be entitled to tuition fee discounts (25% or 50% of the tuition fee per year) based on the results of entrance trials.
For more information about the application procedure, please visit this page.
2. Competitions / Olympiads
Graduate international applicants are welcome to take part in the following competitions (some restrictions apply):
- Open Doors: Russian Scholarship Project;
- International Olympiad Competitions for University Students and Graduates.
Please check the deadlines and requirements on the webpages of the Olympiads.
Winners have the opportunity to get a scholarship or receive additional benefits if they are entering self-paid seats.
For more information about the academic Olimpiads , please visit this page https://olymp.hse.ru/en/
3. General Admission (limited eligibility)
Certain categories of international applicants are eligible to apply for a state-funded place or a self-funded place:
- Citizens of Belarus, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan (national passport must be provided).
- Citizens of Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova,Tajikistan,Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Ukraine permanently residing in Russia (permanent residence document must be provided).
- Compatriots living abroad (Compatriot status confirmation must be provided according to Federal Law N99 dated 24.05.1999).
Under the general admission international applicants compete with Russian applicants.
Learn more about the general admission on https://spb.hse.ru/enter/ma/mageneraladmission (only available in Russian)