How to Apply
Apply using the online application form. Detailed information on the specifics of the application process is available here.
Instructions on how to use the application form can be found here. Applications may be submitted in English or in Russian.
The application period for 2020/2021 academic year is open from November 1, 2020 till:
August 15, 2021 – for citizens from countries with visa regime;
August 15, 2021 – for citizens from visa-free countries.
International applicants are required to submit a portfolio and have an interview (online or on campus).
All applicants have the opportunity to be enrolled as a self-paid student or get an HSE Gold Scholarship.
Please note that all applicants conditionally accepted to the HSE Gold Scholarship have to provide the required documents in soft copies no later than July 1, 2020.
Self-paid students may be entitled to tuition fee discounts (25% or 50% of the tuition fee per year) based on the results of entrance trials.
Entrance trials include a portfolio competition and an interview. The portfolio includes the following documents: CV, motivation letter, at least one recommendation letter, as well as a copy of the bachelor's degree.
Advantages of international admission:
- early start of application period
- online application
- international admission to the graduate studies is based upon application assessment and Skype interview
- applicants with high score for the application assessment (including Skype interview) may be awarded with the HSE Top Scholarship providing up to 50% discount off the tuition fee
- applicants with the top scores for the application assessment (including Skype interview) may compete to be nominated for the HSE Gold Scholarship that provides full tuition fee waiver and a monthly scholarship
- within international admission international applicants compete with other international applicants only, not with Russian applicants
At least a Bachelor degree (any subject field) or an equivalent, duly legalized and notary translated into Russian language, is required for admission to HSE graduate studies at the stage of enrollment. A university transcript may be submitted instead of the university diploma at the stage of application.
IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL iBT 80 or equivalent is required to enroll for an English-taught graduate programme unless an applicant is an English native or has completed previous studies in English language, subject to confirmation.
For more information about the application procedure, please visit this page.
If you have any questions concerning international admissions, please email us email@example.com
or give us a call +7 (812) 644 59 11 ext. 61593.
or simply APPLY NOW ONLINE!
Graduate international applicants are welcomed to take part in the following competitions (some restriction apply):
Following international applicants are eligible to apply for state-funded (free of fees) place or for a self-funded place at our graduate programmes along with Russian applicants:
- Citizens of Belarus, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Kirgizia (national passport must be provided)
- Citizens of Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kirgizia, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Ukraine permanently residing in Russia (permanent residence document must be provided)
- Living Abroad Compatriots (Compatriot status confirmation must be provided according to Federal Law N99-ФЗ dated 24.05.1999)
Please check your eligibility before applying through the general admission!
Please note: within the general admission international applicants will compete with Russian applicants. According to our statistics, general admission is much more difficult for international applicants than international admission.
Learn more about the general admission on https://spb.hse.ru/abiturient (only available in Russian language)
Enquire about general admission details via firstname.lastname@example.org