Staffing Analytics Overview
- Identify what to do for being efficient with HR metrics and analytics.
- Use analytics to improve efficiency at hiring, placing and retaining the best people.
- Manage techniques to hire, place and retain the right employees.
- Recognize the relationship between HRM and organizational performance, business strategy as well as organizational behavior.
- Analyze the relationship between HR practices and their outcomes for the individual and the organization.
- Demonstrate the ability to catch new knowledge and skills in the fields beyond his/her majoring
- Apply received knowledge and understanding of data and tools to real business situations
- Create and defend a customized consulting project based on data and analytics given
- Create and defend a customized suggestions based on data and analytics given
- Demonstrate the ability to collect, process, and analyze data necessary for solving tasks
- Demonstrate the ability to make managerial decisions and evaluate their consequences
- Study and apply people science methods adjusting to working environment
- Topic 1. Introduction to Staffing Analytics. Basics of Finance, Statistics and Data-Analytic Thinking
- Topic 2. Data Collection
- Topic 3. Staffing Analytics in Human Capital Management Systems (MOOC)
- Topic 4. Collaboration Environment of Human Capital Management System (MOOC)
- Topic 5. Talent Analytics and Future Directions (MOOC)
- Topic 6. Employee Turnover
- Topic 7. Interactive HR dashboards
- Class activities(1) Kahoot game. At the beginning or at the end of some lectures a 15-minute Kahoot game is conducted. If the student missed the class, there is no option to participate in this activity. (2) Individual assignment during seminars. At the beginning or at the end of some seminars students will get a written task for 10-15 min based on their home reading or materials discussed during the previous classes. If the student missed the class, there is no option to rewrite this task, except for sickness absence. In this case, the student should notify the instructor about his/her sick leave.
- Exam in the LMSThe exam consists of 40 test questions and covers all topics including the Blended course details. Total time: 60 min. No negative marks for wrong answers.
- Individual assignment (interactive HR dashboard)Read the file Case Attrition Analysis and identify one HR problem/question. It is possible to use any other dataset for creating HR problem/question. However, in this case, such a dataset should be available for the instructor. Upload an Excel file to LMS in the project called “Interactive HR Dashboard”.
- 2021/2022 1st module0.35 * Class activities + 0.3 * Exam in the LMS + 0.35 * Individual assignment (interactive HR dashboard)
- 2021/2022 2nd module
- Fermin Diez, Mark Bussin, & Venessa Lee. (2019). Fundamentals of HR Analytics : A Manual on Becoming HR Analytical. Bingley: Emerald Publishing Limited. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=2204225
- Fitz-enz, J., & Mattox, J. (2014). Predictive Analytics for Human Resources. Hoboken, New Jersey: Wiley. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=812792
- Pease, G. (2015). Optimize Your Greatest Asset —— Your People : How to Apply Analytics to Big Data to Improve Your Human Capital Investments. Hoboken, New Jersey: Wiley. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1046506