- Students will be able to understand the most important factors that drive both individual and team performance, make predictions of sports outcomes and help sports managers in the decision-making process using data.
- Individual Performance
- Team Performance
- Predicting Outcomes
- Data Collection, Tools and Decision-Making
- eSports: Team and Player Performance
- presentations and tasks completed/presented during the seminar
- final presentation
- attendance of lectures
- Interim assessment (2 module)0.45 * presentations and tasks completed/presented during the seminar + 0.15 * attendance of lectures + 0.4 * final presentation
- McGarry, T., Sampaio, A. J. de E., & O’Donoghue, P. (2013). Routledge Handbook of Sports Performance Analysis. Routledge.
- Tobias M. Scholz. (2019). ESports Is Business : Management in the World of Competitive Gaming. Palgrave Pivot.
- Anna Bykova, & Dennis Coates. (2020). Does Experience Matter? Salary Dispersion, Coaching, And Team Performance. Contemporary Economic Policy, 1, 188. https://doi.org/10.1111/coep.12444
- Frick, B., & Simmons, R. (2006). Impact of Managerial Quality on Organizational Performance. Evidence from German Soccer. Efficiency Series Papers.
- Julio Del Corral, Carlos Pestana Barros, & Juan Prieto-RodrÃguez. (2008). The Determinants of Soccer Player Substitutions. Journal of Sports Economics, 2, 160.
- Michael R. Ward, & Alexander D. Harmon. (2019). ESport Superstars. Journal of Sports Economics, 8, 987. https://doi.org/10.1177/1527002519859417
- Sarmento, H., Marcelino, R., Anguera, M., Campaniço, J., Matos, N., & Leitão, J. (2015). Match analysis in football: a systematic review. https://doi.org/10.1080/02640414.2014.898852
- Seo, Y. (2013). Electronic sports: A new marketing landscape of the experience economy. Journal of Marketing Management, 29(13–14), 1542–1560. https://doi.org/10.1080/0267257X.2013.822906