Performance Evaluation: Data and Tools
Осьмак Елизавета Олеговна
- Create the ability to develop true performance management that includes the right tools to describe each employee performance individually and as part of an organization.
- Use data to create the right system of incentives and achievable goals that create value for the company.
- Implement acquired knowledge using data and tools in theoretical and practical approaches
- Demonstrate the ability to catch new knowledge and skills in the fields beyond his/her majoring
- Apply received knowledge and understanding of data and tools to real business situations
- Understand the features of the team working
- Show the ability to create strategic corporate vision based on data
- Study and apply people science methods adjusting to an organizational environment
- Utilize a range of tools and techniques for completing the organizational programs and launching them
- Introduction to performance evaluation. A new look at motivation and performancePerformance management and appraisals. The key elements of performance management (leaders, managers, accountability system, performance budgeting, measuring and monitoring, and evaluation). Six steps of performance management toolkits. Performance management process. Learning objectives for the seminar: - Talk about performance evaluation toolkits for various business. - Discuss Case Study: Organization Strategy. - Analyzing different companies’ organizational strategies (performance-driven)
- Building performance appraisal content and formRevising descriptors to raise company performance expectations. Strategic Initiatives. Core values. Performance factors. Goals: setting a course for stretching and development. SMART goals and measurable outcomes. Developing a corporate learning environment and skill-building culture. Learning objectives for the seminar: -Discuss and put in place Performance Appraisal Template -OKR and competencies matrix creation
- Compensation and performance measurement mechanicsThe employment value balance. Compensation market strategy. Attraction. Retention. Consumer price index vs. employment cost index. Motivation and Pay-for-Performance. Components of salary increases. Alternative compensation strategies to reward top performers. Learning objectives for the seminar: Consider various compensation strategies. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the compensation system and identify the components of an effective performance management program. Discuss Case Study: Recognition and Reward Talent Profiles identifications and People Analytics reports
- People-Focused—respect and trustAccountability and relationships. Benefits of building respect and trust. LEADER acronym model. The commitment spectrum. Performance management feedback tool. Coaching and feedback: mentoring from senior leader(s). Learning objectives for seminars: Case Study: Coaching and Feedback Discuss the features of negative feedback.
- Performance management process—Evaluation.Annual organization-wide results. Organization-wide employee survey. Organization pulse point surveys. Performance Management Success criteria (annual assessment). Focus groups. Unit Leadership Development Committee audits of Performance Management. Performance Management feedback tool for managers/supervisors. Annual Performance and Development Reviews – including Individual Performance Management objective(s) for all managers/supervisors. Annual Performance and Development Reviews for all individual team members. Human Resource Department – spot-check audits. Exit interviews. Learning objectives for the seminar: Discuss Case Study: Performance Planning Practice identifying the relevant evaluation methods for the chosen company.
- Interim assessment (2 module)0.35 * Class performance + 0.25 * Exam + 0.4 * Homework (group presentation)
- Anthony L. Barth, & Wiaan de Beer. (2018). Performance Management Success. Springer. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsrep&AN=edsrep.b.spr.mgmtpr.978.3.319.64936.8
- Barth, A. L., & De Beer, W. (2018). Performance Management Success : A Best Practices and Implementation Guide for Leaders and Managers of All Organizations. Cham, Switzerland: Springer. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1622523
- Falcone, P., & Tan, W. (2013). The Performance Appraisal Tool Kit : Redesigning Your Performance Review Template to Drive Individual and Organizational Change. New York: AMACOM. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=581891
- Armstrong, M. (2017). Armstrong’s Handbook of Performance Management : An Evidence-Based Guide to Delivering High Performance (Vol. Sixth edition). London: Kogan Page. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1640145
- Armstrong, M., & Brown, D. (2019). Armstrong’s Handbook of Reward Management Practice : Improving Performance Through Reward (Vol. Sixth edition). London: Kogan Page. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=2003796