HSE University St Petersburg offers 12 undergraduate programmes in seven fields of study leading to a state-accredited Bachelor’s degree.
9 undergraduate programmes are delivered mostly in Russian and therefore require high Russian language proficiency; please note that all Russian-taught programmes also embed minimum 25% of courses in English.
3 international undergraduate programmes are delivered fully in English to meet the demands of international applicants without any knowledge of Russian language (a preparatory year is NOT required to enrol to these programmes).
There are three admission tracks available for international applicants, which complement one another.
1. International Admissions
International Applications to the undergraduate programmes for 2019/2020 academic year are open:
- by August 10, 2019 – for citizens from countries with visa regime;
- by August 20, 2019 – for citizens from visa-free countries.
International applicants are required to pass two programme-specific entrance tests (online or on-campus).
All applicants have the opportunity to be enrolled as a self-paid student or get an HSE Gold Scholarship.
Please note that all applicants conditionally accepted the HSE Gold Scholarship have to provide the required documents in soft copies no later than July 1, 2019.
2. Competitions / Olympiads
Undergraduate international applicants are welcomed to take part in the following competitions (some restriction apply):
Please check the deadlines and requirements on the webpages of the Olympiads.
Winners have the opportunity to get a scholarship or receive additional benefits if they are entering self-paid seats.
3. General Admission (limited eligibility)
Certain categories of international applicants are eligible to apply for a state-funded seat or a self-paid seat:
- Citizens of Belarus, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan (national passport must be provided).
- Citizens of Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova,Tajikistan,Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Ukraine permanently residing in Russia (permanent residence document must be provided).
- Compatriots living abroad (Compatriot status confirmation must be provided according to Federal Law N99 dated 24.05.1999).
Under the general admission international applicants compete with Russian applicants and have to take 3 or 4 in-person tests.
Please check this webpage to learn more about the general admission (available only in Russian).
If you have questions regarding general admission, please contact via firstname.lastname@example.org
- High school certificate or equivalent recognized by the Russian Federation and duly legalised, if applicable (if you do not yet have your high school certificate at the time of application, you can submit an official high school transcript of records for last 3 years).
- Successful passing of 2 programme-specific entrance examinations (online or on-campus).
Here you can register for exams
Please have a look at test samples before taking a real exam
How to Apply
Adresses: room 216, 123 Naberezhnya Kanala Griboedova, St Petersburg; +7 (812) 644 59 10 ext. 61583; email@example.com