- 2+2 model. The model offers an opportunity to make an informed choice of profession after 2 years of studying and obtaining basic knowledge.
- Professional tracks and industrial modules. Allow students to choose a direction for development and develop skills in the context of clear professions.
- Business partners. Cooperation with partner companies ensures that the content of the educational programme meets modern trends and labor market requirements.
VK company is the strategic partner of the programme. With the support of the VK the design of the programme is updated and formed, project seminars, business projects, and career events are being implemented.
Other partners are: Gazprom Neft, Geropharm, Yandex, Ozon, Samokat, Tinkoff, L'Oréal, Coca Cola, Deloitte, PWC, EY, KPMG, Danone, Unilever, MARS, Setl Group, Sberbank, VTB Group, Lenta, Pulkovo, Geointellect, Selectel etc.
- Opportunity to get a diploma in two areas of studies: Economics and Management (Double major). Students have an opportunity to do a double major.
- English-taught programme. All courses are taught in English. There is an opportunity to study the most difficult subjects in Russian during the first and second years.
- International bachelor is international experience.
International environment and context: foreign teachers and students, international partner companies, international scientific events.
- Study abroad opportunities. Students are given the opportunity to do at least one semester in foreign partner universities.
- Double degree programmes with the Pompeu Fabra (Barcelona, Spain) and Tor Vergata (Rome, Italy) universities.
- Advanced track. Winners of school Olympiads and other motivated students can join the advanced track to study basic subjects in more depth and take additional disciplines and elective courses.
The International Bachelor in Business and Economics is a flagship programme of the HSE St. Petersburg School of Economics and Management. It is a response to changing trends in the labour market. The programme combines the most sought after skills in the field of economics and management. It is based on the bachelor programmes in Economics and International Business and Management, which have been offered by HSE University - St. Petersburg since 2014.
The International Bachelor in Business and Economics is based on the international experience of BBA programmes (The Bachelor of Business Administration) or BS/BA - Bachelor of Science in Business Administration.
The programme forms the most necessary managerial and analytical skills for a modern business, prepares to work with complex tasks, provides early professional experience and high career start.
You can find the curicculum at the link.
The program is based on the “2 + 2” model, the essence of which is that in 1-2 courses, students master the disciplines of the general cycle and disciplines in the areas of training “Economics” and “Management”. In 3-4 courses, students study on one of 4 professional tracks.
1-2 courses disciplines:
- Marketing and Consumer Behavior,
- Management and Strategy,
- Linear Algebra,
- Economic Statistics,
- Applied Statistics and Basics of Econometrics,
- Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics,
- Methods of Optimization,
- Organizational behavior and Human Resource Management,
- Entrepreneurship and Business plan project,
- Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility,
- Game Theory,
- Analytics communication and Data Visualization,
- Project management,
- Theory of Finance,
- Behavioral economics, etc.
Also, students have a number of data analysis disciplines in the Data Culture block.
At the end of the second year, students will have an opportunity to participate in the ‘Test-drive’ courses offered by each professional track. During the 3rd and the 4th years students choose one of 4 professional tracks aimed at preparing for specific career paths.
International business & sustainable development
Financial analytics and investment management
Quantitative economics and econometrics
Additionally, during the 3rd and 4th years students will be able to choose the disciplines of industry modules which will be taught jointly with representatives of partner companies. They will allow students to gain additional skills in the industry of their interest: finance, digital business, pharmaceutical industry, and so forth.
The programme is a project-based one. From the second year our students will participate in real business projects with partner companies. As they gain new knowledge, students carry out projects of three types: research, applied and service.
In the 4th year, all students will have a long-term internship (4 months) which will allow them to gain real work experience in the company and prospects for further employment.
Students have the opportunity to gain international experience through foreign mobility programmes, at one of HSE University-St. Petersburg’s 80 partner universities. More information about international mobility can be found on the page of the Office of International Relations.
Double degree programmes with the Pompeu Fabra (Barcelona, Spain) and Tor Vergata (Rome, Italy) universities are available for our students.
There is also an opportunity to take part in intra-university academic mobility and study at HSE University in Moscow, Perm or Nizhny Novgorod.
In addition to their studies, HSE students can realize themselves in a variety of fields. Our students go in for sports, art, participate in social and charity projects, organize large-scale cultural and science events and much more. Learn more about extracurricular life and get inspired here.
We are located at st. Kantemirovskaya, 3a.
You can see how our building looks from the inside in the video.
Due to the combination of skills in the field of economics and management, our graduates will be able to find jobs in leading Russian and international companies and easily integrate into the global business community.
The International Bachelor in Business and Economics allows our graduates to pursue Master’s or doctoral degrees in management, economics, finance and business in the best Russian and international universities. Each professional track helps to develop skills for the most relevant business professions including:
- business analyst,
- data analyst,
- financial markets analyst,
- banking analyst,
- financial risk manager,
- product manager,
- brand manager,
- project manager,
- HR brand manager,
- director of innovation development,
- export director,
- global business development director,
- director of corporate affairs,
- сhief financial officer, etc.
A wide network of partner companies, business practice professors, participation in project activities, long-term internships and other factors provide an opportunity for our students to gain professional experience during their studies and, after graduation, be in demand on the labor market.
Employment opportunities: Unilever, Gerofarm, VK, Ozon, L'Oréal, Coca‑Cola, Deloitte, PWC, EY, KPMG, McKinsey & Company, Philip Morris, Danone, Nissan, MARS, Samokat, Sberbank, Rostelecom, VTB, Gazprom Neft, Yandex, Pulkovo, SETL Group, Geointellect, Selectel, JetBrains, EPAM, etc.
More information about career opportunities during and after studying is available on the website of the Career Centre of HSE University - St. Petersburg.
The International Bachelor in Business and Economics programme offers 50 tuition fee places for international students.
To learn about the international admissions and apply for the programme, please visit this page.
Programme authors and experts
Dean St.Petersburg School of Economics and Management
We provide our students with their future success for the new job market. The economist nurtured in this programme are equipped with the most essential management skills while managers gain crucial analytical knowledge to make responsible evidence-based decisions. That is achieved through the optimal combination of the fields – economics, management, computer sciences – enabling education of the highly demanded experts for business.
Programme authors and experts
We offer the cutting-edge knowledge in business and economics for our students. They will be capable to identify the relevant factors of any business environments, applying data-driven techniques in the decision making process. Our goal is to prepare them for every opportunity they may come across in the domestic and international labor market.