Legal Environment of Arts, Culture and Creative Industries
- Acquaint students with the legal principles, terminology and concepts related to ACCI
- Develop students' skills in a legal analysis of the problems concerning everyday matters of ACCI management
- Acquire students' skills to present legally appropriate solutions to various challenges related to the ACCI
- Understands the core concepts of the fields of law which are relevant in ACCI. Has a good general overview of the corresponding areas of law and the specific legal and practical issues
- provides an overview of the existing national rules and international arrangements related to the regulation of ACCI
- understands the role of law within the ACCI
- has a basic knowledge about contract law and the main aspects of the governance of ACCI
- has a basic understanding of the regulation of the cross-border movement of arts, applicable tax regimes, insurance issues
- has a basic knowledge of intellectual property and how its protection and use can benefit the ACCI
- can propose practical and legally correct solutions to different legal problems related to the ACCI
- get experience in group work, discussion with other students and apply received knowledge for the case studies
- Introduction to the course. Russian legal system as a continental legal system• General course instructions and assessment criteria; • What is the legal system? What legal systems exist? • Continental (romano-germanic) and Common legal systems. Sources of law; • Russian legal system. Sources of Russian law; • Group work.
- Russian Civil law. Property rights and obligations• Civil law: general overview, civil relationships, civil legislation, Civil Code of the Russian Federation; • civil right and means of its protection; • concept of natural and legal persons; • ownership and property rights; • obligations: sources of the law of obligations, non-contractual obligations, contractual obligations; • Group work.
- Contract law• Fundamentals of Contract Law; • contract definition, types of contracts; • conclusion of the contract and contract terms; • contract validity, breach of the contract and legal remedies; • Group work.
- Legal Basics for Entrepreneurs• Fundamentals of Company Law. • Company's legal status; • Company incorporation; • Company's capital and financial structure (share capital, types of shares); • Company's management; • Group work.
- Intellectual Property in Arts, Culture and Creative Industries• What is intellectual property? • Copyright and Related Rights; • Trademarks; • Patents and Industrial design; • Intellectual Property: Exploitation and Agreements; • Group work.
- State Regulation of Arts, Culture and Creative Industries• cross-border movement of arts; • tax regimes; • insurance; • Group work.
- Interim assessment (1 module)0.3 * Case analysis (group work) + 0.5 * Essay + 0.2 * Essay presentation