Recruiting to the University team participating in the CFA Research Challenge 2023
In recent years our University has consistently reached the finals of the Russian stage of the competition. The highest achievement is the third place in Russia in 2020/21. The result of students work in the form of a report and a video presentation can be found here.
Now we need new winners! Those who are ready to challenge the leading universities and win the Russian stage of the competition! The winner will take part in the world stage!
Difficult work ahead. The team of five students should write a report on the Russian public company under the guidance of an experienced mentor. Every team member will have to work with maximum efficiency!
The start of the competition is March 13, 2023.
Requirements for candidates for the University team:
- Near fluent English (report writing plus professional presentation skills)
- Ability to analyze the development of the industry, to identify the competitive advantages of the company (working with data plus expert assessments)
- Ability to conduct financial analysis (multiplier assessment, comparison with peers, statements forecasting, credit risk assessment)
- Ability to carry out an assessment of the company's value using DDM, FCFE, FCFF, EVA (including Monte Carlo simulation)
- Ability to analyze the impact of ESG factors on the value of the corporation
- Skills in the preparation of high quality analytical reports
Those wishing to participate should send a letter of motivation plus any of their own work (essay, workshop or term paper) on the assessment of the value of a corporation / business to the address email@example.com by March 1 inclusive.