Types and periods of internship
The curriculum includes two educational science and research internships ( for students of intake 2020):
Science and Reseach Internship 1:1st year of study, module 4 ( 10 April 2021 - 5 June 2021; placements provided by the university)
Science and Reseach Internship 2: summer period and 2nd year of study, module 2 (01 July 2021 - 13 July 2021 and 1 November - 14 November 2021)
Also, there is an educational Internship in Obtaining Professional Skills and Professional Experience: 2nd year of study, module 3 (10 January 2022 - 12 March 2022)
Science and Research Internship 1 Coordinator
Senior Lecturer, Department of Management
Professor of Practice, HSE St. Petersburg
Program Director Business Process Improvement for S/4HANA, Ex- Procurement Director, Severstal, Ex- Regional Head of Procurement (Europe, CIS and Asia), AES Corporation
The placement is approved by the internship supervisor.
There are the following ways to find an internship placement:
1. Get assistance from Career Development Centre. Each year the CDC forms a base of available internship placement provided by univesity partners. The Bank of Internship is offered on the platform Job Teaser. Once you have registered and attached your CV, you need to choose tag "Bank of internships".
2. Your internship supervisor can help to find a placement.
3. Internship can be undertaken in laboratories and research centres of HSE University. In this case, you need to contact the heads of the respective structural units.
4. If you are employed and the field of the work meets the goals and objectives of the internship, you can do the internship at your work. In this case, it is necessary to provide an internship agreement with the organization
5. Find a placement yourself. In this case, you will need to provide an internship agreement with the organization to the study office before starting the internship.
2020-2021 academic year: Science and Research Internship 1 Regulations IB
1. Students draw up an individual assignment for the internship and the schedule of internship together with the internship supervisor from the university. Depending on the placement, these documents can be provided both in Russian and English. They are refined during the internship and signed by internship supervisors from HSE and the company. After the internship is completed, an individual task and a internship schedule are presented together with the internship report on the day of defence. If students fail to provide these documents with all the required signatures, they will be denied admission to the defense.
Individual assignment for the internship in English Individual internship assignment
Individual assignment for the internship in Russian Индивидуальное задание
Filled in example of individual assignment for Science and Research Internship 1: Science and Research Intermship 1 assignment-Example
Schedule of the internship in English Intermship schedule
Schedule of the internship in Russian График прохождения практики
Schedule of Science and Research Internship 1: Science and Research Internship 1 Schedule
2. After the end of the internship, internship supervisor from the company writes a review. The review can be provided in both Russian and English.
3. During the internship, students write a report. The report must be completed in English.
Internship defence is held with the board during exam period of the respective module when the internship is undertaken. The defence of the internship completed in the summer period is held in the exam week of module 1.
Students who do not complete the internship program without a valid reason or who have received an unsatisfactory grade are considered to have academic failure.