Research in Innovation Management
- The cource aims at introducing key concepts and fundamental questions in the scholarly study of innovation and at developing skills to elaborate research proposal in innovation management studies
- Develop a mental model of the innovation studies management field
- Show a deep, nuanced understanding of the key concepts and theories of innovation studies
- Critically analyze and reviews academic studies of innovation
- Develop new ideas and approaches advancing innovation studies
- Communicate new scholarly ideas verbally and in written form
- Introduction: Innovation as a field of management studies
- Topic 1: Absorptive and desorptive capacity
- Topic 2: Balancing between exploration and exploitation
- Topic 3: Leadership and proactive behaviour of employees
- Topic 4: Industry dynamics and innovation
- Topic 5: Triple helix model of innovation
- Research proposal presentation
- Presentation of the basic paper and class discussionDuring the course the students will be assigned one basic article for individual analysis. You will need to prepare a brief overview of the assigned article, including: definitions, justification of the concept and its core principles, academic and practical implications. You will present this overview during the class and organize the discussion of presented concept. The presentation should be submitted via email one day before the class This assignment can be done individually or in groups up to three students.
- Critical review and presentation of empirical paperThis assignment should be done individually.
- Class participation, discussion, estimations, quizzesDuring each class the students should actively participate in discussion, make estimations and pass quizzes. Class discussions and interactions are the essential part of our synthesis of the material and subsequent learning. It is therefore vital that you come to every class prepared and ready to contribute. Good participation implies critical analysis of the literature, asking questions, raising original ideas, making constructive comments, and having a positive attitude toward learning.
- Research paper proposalEach student will be asked to create a detailed research paper proposal at the end of the course, which reviews and synthesizes the research literature. This proposal should focus on a viable research topic centered in your own area of interest (strategy, international business, entrepreneurship, innovation, organization theory, human resources, etc.), dealing with issues related to innovation studies. The ultimate proposed study can take any form (e.g., conventional qualitative/quantitative empirical paper, meta-analysis, theory development, systematic literature review, practitioner paper). This assignment can be done individually or in groups up to three students.
- 2022/2023 3rd module0.4 * Research paper proposal + 0.2 * Class participation, discussion, estimations, quizzes + 0.2 * Presentation of the basic paper and class discussion + 0.2 * Critical review and presentation of empirical paper
- Adams, R., Bessant, J., & Phelps, R. (2006). Innovation management measurement: A review. International Journal of Management Reviews, 8(1), 21–47. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-2370.2006.00119.x
- Dodgson, M. (2018). Innovation Management : A Research Overview. Abingdon, Oxon: Routledge. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1622853
- Dodgson, M. The Oxford Handbook of Innovation Management [Электронный ресурс] / M.Dodgson, D.M.Gann, N.Phillips, eds.; БД oxfordhandbooks. - Oxford University Press; 2014– Режим доступа: http://www.oxfordhandbooks.com/view/10.1093/oxfordhb/9780199694945.001.0001/oxfordhb-9780199694945 – Загл. с экрана.