Finance, Fundraising and Crowdfunding
- To understand how to manage finances
- To evaluate financial performance of your project
- To manage a crowdsourcing campaign
- The student understands main principles of finance and how to use them for arts and cultural projects
- The student knows basic financial ratios and can calculate them
- The student may apply investment decisions criteria to specific projects
- The student may use basic techniques of financial planning and budgeting
- The students knows main sources of funding, their limitations and risks
- The student makes choice of project's funding considering its limitations and risks
- The student knows best practices of partnership between companies and nonprofit organizations and can apply them
- The student knows main platforms and can make a choice for a specific project
- The student is able to run and manage a crowdfunding campaign
- Basics of financial activities. How to manage finances of your projectThree main questions of Finance. Financial activities - investments, fundings, cash flows management. Principles of finance and their application to cultural projects
- Financial performance and its indicatorsFinancial indicators and their relationships. Financial performance. Financial safety. Criteria for investment decision-making. Financial planning and budgeting
- Crowdfunding activities in Arts and Cultural projectsCrowdfunding. Main platforms. Organization of a crowdfunding campaign. Social investments: organizations, that aggregate social investments; organizations, that support social investments.
- Sources of funding and fundraisingBasic sources of project funding, their limitations and risks. Choice of funding. Fundraising campaign. Effective fundraising activities; major and minor donors; grants. Collaboration with for-profit organizations: best practices of partnership between companies and nonprofit organizations.
- Home Assignment 1. Problem solving assignment
- Home Assefnment 2. Fundraising application
- Home assignment 3. Preparation of crowdsourcing campaign
- Interim assessment (2 module)0.3 * Home Assefnment 2. Fundraising application + 0.4 * Home Assignment 1. Problem solving assignment + 0.3 * Home assignment 3. Preparation of crowdsourcing campaign
- Principles of corporate finance, Brealey, R.A., Myers, S.C., 2016
- Strategic entrepreneurial finance: from value creation to realization, Klonowski, D., 2015
- Worth, M. J. (2016). Fundraising : Principles and Practice. Los Angeles: SAGE Publications, Inc. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1410207
- Cumming, D., & Johan, S. A. (2020). Crowdfunding : Fundamental Cases, Facts, and Insights. Academic Press.
- Finance for managers, Abascal, E. M., Aguirreamalloa, X., 2012
- Gabe Cooper, & Mckenna Bailey. (2020). Responsive Fundraising : The Donor-centric Framework Helping Today’s Leading Nonprofits Grow Giving. liberalis.
- Laura Lotti. (2016). Contemporary art, capitalization and the blockchain: On the autonomy and automation of art’s value. Finance and Society, 2(2), 96–110. https://doi.org/10.2218/finsoc.v2i2.1724
- Micic, I. (2015). Crowdfunding: Overview of the Industry, Regulation and Role of Crowdfunding in the Venture Startup. Anchor.
- Snowball, J. D. (2005). The economic valuation of cultural events in developing countries : combining market and non-market valuation techniques at the South African National Arts Festival /.
- Survey on access to finance for cultural and creative sectors : evaluate the financial gap of different cultural and creative sectors to support the impact assessment of the creative Europe programme / European Commission. Project team: Isabelle De Voldere ... Idea Consult. (2013).