Recruiting to the HSE team for the CFA Research Challenge 2021
HSE University in St-Petersburg announces annual team selection for students willing to participate in the CFA Institute Research Challenge 2021 to assess the fair value of a public company.
Last year, our team won the 3rd place at the National rounds, staying behind Moscow State University and the HSE University in Moscow. The result of our accomplishments in the form of a report and a video presentation can be found here.
Now we search for the new heroes! Those who are ready to challenge the leading universities and win the Russian national rounds of the competition! The winners will take part in the International rounds!
Plenty of work ahead! A team of five students should write a report on the Russian public company under the guidance of an experienced mentor. Every team member will have to be engaged with maximum efficiency!
The competition starts on October 15, 2021.
Requirements for candidates:
1. Fluent English (report writing + professional presentation skills);
2. Ability to analyze the development of the industry, to identify the competitive advantages of the company (working with data + expert assessments);
3. Ability to conduct financial analysis (multiplier assessment, comparison with peers, forecasting, credit risk assessment);
4. Ability to carry out an assessment of the company's value using DDM, FCFE, FCFF, EVA (including simulation modeling);
5. Ability to analyze the impact of ESG factors on the value of the corporation;
6. Analytical and presentation skills.
Those willing to participate in this competition should send a letter of motivation and a sample of their paper (essay, workshop or term paper) on the assessment of the value of a corporation/business to the email address email@example.com by September 25.