- To be able to understand cause-and-effect relationships of the media business, features of a media product, media audience, media market.
- To be able to analyze the media company's business using strategic analysis tools, to identify, formulate, argue risks for the company and propose solutions. Be able to identify and formulate political, economic and social factors for the media business on the example of media companies.
- To be able to work with key performance indicators of companies, financial statements of companies, to compare indicators and draw conclusions.
- To acquire the skills of working with data in MS Excel. Be able to make various types of diagrams, to perform correlation analysis, to create positioning maps and simple predictive models.
- To be able to understand and formulate the concepts of media system, media industry, media content, media audience, to apply these concepts to experience.
- To be able to distinguish and understand the limits of applicability of various methodologies for calculating the concentration of the media market.
- To be able to solve tasks for calculating the concentration of the media market.
- To be able to analyze the approaches and concepts of strategic management, the concepts of convergence and metasphere, to formulate their meanings for media management using case studies.
- To be able to understand the limits of applicability of different business models for various sectors of the media industry and media markets.
- To be able to analyze various business models and funding sources using case studies.
- To be able to argue the applying certain financing models for different sectors of the media industry and media markets.
- To be able to analyze motivation theories and their relationship with the human resource management in media companies using case studies.
- To be able to analyze the concept of platform commerce using case studies from the media industry and to explain media landscape changes using the case of eSports and related media platforms.
- To be able to understand and formulate the basic accounting concepts used in work with financial statements.
- To be able to make a financial evaluation of the media project.
- To be able to understand the principles of building and the limits of applicability of various types of basic charts in MS Excel.
- To be able to analyze the competitive environment by building positioning maps.
- To be able to identify the competitors of media projects using the correlation analysis method.
- To be able to build trends and simple predictive models, to calculate the error of predicted indicators.
- Key concepts in media economics.
- Strategic management theories that affect the market choices of media firms.
- New media business models.
- The way media is produced, aggregated, and distributed in the media firms.
- Main concepts around the growing business of eSports and eSports media organisations.
- Financial statements of media companies.
- Market concentration indices.
- Financial evaluation of media projects.
- Statistics and media economics.
- Analysis of the competitive environment.
- A scatter plot in media economics.
- 2023/2024 1st module0.3 * Test + 0.1 * Test #2 (Pest, Swot) + 0.2 * Homework + 0.1 * Attendance + 0.3 * Test #1 (General)
- Doyle, G. (2002). Media Ownership : The Economics and Politics of Convergence and Concentration in the UK and European Media. London: SAGE Publications Ltd. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=251316
- Funding journalism in the digital age : business models, strategies, issues and trends, Kaye, J., 2010
- Strategic management in the media : theory and practice, Kung, L., 2017
- The economics and financing of media companies, Picard, R. G., 2011