Жуков Дмитрий Валерьевич
- The course intends to make students understand the rationale behind international marketing. This understanding is crucial for an appreciation of the linkages between international marketing and international trade. The course also highlights the benefits and challenges to which international marketing exposes consumers, suppliers, competitors, and countries; and attempts to raise students’ awareness to these benefits and challenges. The course also discusses the trends and environmental factors that will drive international marketing in the future. It then describes how to identify opportunities in the external environment. It concludes by explaining the strategic efforts marketers must undertake to stay ahead of key trends
- The student should be able to explain the importance of Internet marketing, customer relationship marketing, and one-to-one marketing
- Define marketing and discuss what it entails
- Describe the factors involved in consumer decision making in international contest
- Discuss how environmental factors affect international marketing activities
- The student should be able to develop distribution, promotion, and international pricing strategies
- The student should be able to develop product strategies and discuss how services and nonprofit “products” differ from traditional ones
- The student should be able to segment markets and develop the profile of a target international market
- Theme 1. Course Introduction. An Overview of Marketing. The Marketing Environment.
- Theme 2. Strategic Planning for Competitive Advantage. Market Entry Strategies. Ethics and Social Responsibility
- Theme 3. Developing a Global Vision. Global Strategies. The World Trading Environment. Social and Cultural Considerations in International Marketing
- Theme 4. Business Marketing. International Niche Marketing Strategies for Small- and Medium-Sized Enterprises
- Theme 5. International Communication. The Management of International Distribution and Logistics. Global distribution and logistics
- Theme 6. International Marketing Research and Opportunity Analysis. Technology Enabled Sustainable International Marketing. Customer Relationship Marketing. Decision Support Systems and Marketing Research. Social Media and Marketing.
- Theme 7. New direction and challenge. Sum up. Review of the course. The main key points addressed in the course.
- 2022/2023 1st module0.5 * final exam + 0.2 * group (seminar) presentation + 0.3 * Individual work
- Randazzo, G. W. (2014). Developing Successful Marketing Strategies (Vol. First edition). New York, New York [222 East 46th Street, New York, NY 10017]: Business Expert Press. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1055551
- Levenson, A. R. (2015). Strategic Analytics : Advancing Strategy Execution and Organizational Effectiveness. Oakland, CA: Berrett-Koehler Publishers. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=995416