Research in Urban and Regional Economics
- Understand the answers for the following questions: why some cities are bigger than others? why some cities are richer than others? why some cities have one center, while others have multiple economic centers? what are the economic forces that motivate firms to locate at a particular location in a city?
- Be able to apply the economic concepts learnt during the course to analyze and interpret economic distribution inside cities.
- Identify the factors that have driven the growth of cities historically and that drive it today, including agglomeration economies.
- Know key urban economics models.
- Know the concept of spatial equilibrium, and how it relates to land rents.
- Write clear arguments for and against policies addressing urban problems such as urban poverty, congestion, and etc.
- 2022/2023 3rd module0.2 * Home assignments + 0.2 * Classroom work + 0.1 * Discussion questions + 0.5 * Exam