The updated requirements to pass the physical training course (HSE-Saint-Petersburg)
Following important changes were made in organization of physical training (PT) course in HSE - Saint Petersburg this year:
- Two new gyms were opened on 123 Griboyedova Canal Emb on September 19, 2019 (one of them is a weight gym).
- New training equipment were installed in gym №172 on 3A Kantemirovskaya St.
- The list of sport classes became more various.
- Restrictions on a number of people during classes were implemented in certain gyms/sections for students’ safety.
- For added convenience of students the system of registration is organized for classes with restrictions on number of people.
- The names of sport classes on 3A Kantemirovskaya St. and 123 Griboyedova Canal Emb have been changed, so that it is easier to identify them by occupation.
In relation with the increased opportunities for physical training, the Department of Physical Training decided to change the requirements for passing physical training course. After discussion with the student council, some adjustments were made to the requirements to pass the PT course, which can be found on the website of the Department of Physical Training (HSE - Saint-Petersburg). New requirements include the following:
- The possibility of getting an admission to pass the PT course based on the fitness club membership remains for students who are currently studying in 3 and 4 years of study until the end of their studies.
- Students who are currently studying in the 2nd year still have the opportunity to get an admission to pass the PT course based on the fitness club membership only for the current study year. From the 2020-2021 study year, this opportunity will be canceled.
- For 1st year students, fitness club membership will not be taken into account.