International Admissions to undergraduate studies at HSE – Saint Petersburg
Pathway 1: International Admission
International admission provides opportunity for any international applicant to enrol to a self-funded place and to compete for the HSE Gold Scholarship or HSE Top Applicant Scholarship.
Advantages of international admission:
- early start of application period – November 1, 2020
- online application; only a copy of passport is required at the stage of application
- international admission to the Bachelor in [название программы на английском] is based upon 2 admission tests:
Discipline Priority Pass Score English Language 1 60 World History 2 50
- admission tests can be taken online or in traditional paper-based in-person form
- admission tests to English-taught programmes can be taken in Russian or in English language upon applicant’s choice
- relevant and valid scores of the Russian Common State Examination (ЕГЭ) can be accepted in lieu of admission tests
- applicants with high scores for admission tests may be awarded with the HSE Top Scholarship providing up to 50% discount off the tuition fee
- applicants with the top scores for admission tests may compete to be nominated for the HSE Gold Scholarship that provides full tuition fee waiver and a monthly scholarship
- within international admission international applicants compete with other international applicants only, not with Russian applicants
High School Certificate or an equivalent duly legalized and notary translated into Russian language is required for admission to HSE undergraduate studies at the stage of enrollment.
Application period: November 1, 2020 – August 10, 2021
Learn more about admission requirements and application procedures at our website: http://spb.hse.ru/admissions
Pathway 2: International Youth Competition
Foreign nationals can secure a state-funded (free of fees) place at our undergraduate programmes through participation in the HSE International Youth Competition. Learn more and register at https://olymp.hse.ru/en/inter
Pathway 3: General Admission (limited eligibility)
Following categories of international applicants are eligible to apply for state-funded (free of tuition fees) place or for a self-funded place at our undergraduate programmes along with Russian applicants:
- citizens of Belarus, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan (national passport must be provided)
- citizens of Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Ukraine permanently residing in Russia (permanent residence document must be provided)
- Living Abroad Compatriots (Compatriot status confirmation must be provided according to Federal Law N99-ФЗ dated 24.05.1999)
Please check your eligibility before applying through the general admission!
Please note: within the general admission international applicants will compete with Russian applicants and will have to take 3 or 4 in-person admission tests, including subjects like “History of Russia”, depending on the programme. According to our statistics, general admission is much more difficult for international applicants than international admission.
Learn more about the general admission on https://spb.hse.ru/abiturient (only available in Russian language)
Enquire about general admission details via firstname.lastname@example.org