Ethics in Policy&Decision Making
- The course introduces students to the concepts of ethics of social-economic environment in its mutual influence on the decision-making process
- - to increase understanding and critical analysis of the intersection between ethical behavior and social-economic outcomes in modern society; - to study different theoretical perspectives of ethical communication in Russian and international contexts; - to analyze principles and criteria for regulation of ethical behavior for different stakeholders; - to discuss some decision-making criteria for solving ethical conflicts; - to develop professional communication practices for students.
- Theoretical framework and Principles of Ethics in the social-economic environment in its mutual influence on the decision-making processa. Introduction to the course. b. Main theoretical problems of Ethics in the social-economic environment c. Principles of Ethics in the social-economic environment
- The history of the development of socio-economic ethicsa. Consideration of the main stages in the development of socio-economic ethics. b. The study of theories that serve as the basis for the study of ethics as a scientific discipline. c.Morality and law. Historical roots of ethical and professional values
- Norms and principles of ethics in socio-economic policy and decision-makingConsideration of the fundamental concepts, definitions, and documents of modern ethics. Study of ethical cases in socio-economic policy, illustrating the current norms and principles. Ethical standards of service conduct. The relationship between morality and legal culture in the service. Requirements for the performance of official duties. Codes of Ethics and Service Conduct in the Russian Federation. Public speaking and providing proprietary information
- Intercultural features of ethics in socio-economic policy.Study of the features of ethics in social-economic policy in different countries. Analysis of the role of ethics in the interaction between countries in the field of socio-economic development and in decision-making at the international level.
- Home task
- Final examIn the case of a high grade for the essay and homework of 8-10 points, the student is exempted from writing the final test. Her/his resulting grade will be equal to the accumulated
- The Oxford handbook of environmental ethics, , 2017
- When all else fails : the ethics of resistance to state injustice, Brennan, J., 2019
- A history of utilitarian ethics : studies in private motivation and distributive justice, 1700-1875, Hollander, S., 2020
- Ethics in social science research : becoming culturally responsive, Lahman, M. K. E., 2018
- The ethics of multiple citizenship, Tanasoca, A., 2018