Data Analysis for Business Research
- This course equips students with basic analyticall frameworks and tools for strategic and operational decision-making in managing enterprise based on data analysis and data modelling
- Able to choose statistical methods appropriate to their data and substantive research problem
- Able to conduct descriptive statistics on quantitative data, apply basic statistical methods and interpret results of analysis
- Application of basic tools (plots, graphs, summary statistics) to carry out exploratory data analysis.
- Ability to analyse and decompose organization structural elements to create an analytical model for performance management
- Introduction to Business Analysis
- Constructing the enterprise analytical system
- Financial Structure of Organization
- Introduction to data analysis
- 5. Management Control Systems and Budgeting
- Analytical models and tools of perfromance and management
- Using data for decision-making
- Project budgeting
- in-class activityattendance and activity at lessons, in-class tasks & hometasks completion and presentations, initiating contentive knowledge-based discussions
- ProjectGroup project, field research on practical implementation of business analysis tools, interviewing business practitioners.
- HometaskHometask on using data and financial modelling for decision-making
- ExamExam in written form, consists of multiple choice questions, calculative tasks and open questions tasks.
- 2023/2024 2nd module0.3 * Exam + 0.15 * Project + 0.2 * in-class activity + 0.15 * Hometask
- Fraser C. Business statistics for competitive advantage with Excel 2016: basics, model building, simulation and cases. New York, NY: Springer Science+Business Media, 2016. 475 с.
- Boris Mirkin. (2011). Core Concepts in Data Analysis: Summarization, Correlation and Visualization (Vol. 2011). Springer.
- Enterprise architecture at work : modelling, communication and analysis, Lankhorst, M., 2013
- S. Christian Albright, & Wayne L. Winston. (2019). Business Analytics: Data Analysis & Decision Making, Edition 7. Cengage Learning.
- Business Analysis & Valuation: IFRS Edition. (2007). Thomson Learning. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsnar&AN=edsnar.oai.cris.maastrichtuniversity.nl.publications.9a0d36f2.def1.42ca.8628.dc936372947e
- Clark, D. (2017). Beginning Power BI : A Practical Guide to Self-Service Data Analytics with Excel 2016 and Power BI Desktop (Vol. Second edition). Camp Hill, Pennsylvania: Apress. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1478775
- Cokins, G. (2009). Performance Management : Integrating Strategy Execution, Methodologies, Risk, and Analytics. Hoboken, N.J.: Wiley. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=317048
- Danielle Stein Fairhurst (2015). Using Excel for Business Analysis
- Enterprise architecture as strategy : creating a foundation for business execution, Ross, J. W., 2006
- Groebner, David, et al. Business Statistics, EBook, Global Edition, Pearson Education, Limited, 2018. ProQuest Ebook Central, https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/hselibrary-ebooks/detail.action?docID=5186156.
- Nicola Terracciano. (2017). Performance Management at the Organizational Level. Annals of Spiru Haret University Economic Series, 2, 19.
- Strategic enterprise architecture management : challenges, best practices, and future developments, , 2012