HSE - St Petersburg Pre-Departure Orientation (10.06.2021)
As a student of the HSE St Petersburg, you have a lot of options to get international experience. You may get acquainted with some of these opportunities in details here. As soon as you choose what fits your goals best, we encourage you to go ahead and apply!
Official policy for the students who cancel their mobilities in the Fall 2020 or Spring 2021 semesters.
- HSE University – St Petersburg will not transfer any nominations to Academic year 2021-2022.
- HSE University – St Petersburg students that were nominated for Long-term Outgoing International Student Mobility Prorgrammes during Academic Year 2020-2021 and had to cancel or shift their exchange semester abroad due to cancellation policy of host university for incoming students (both online and face-to-face options) will be not be given any extra points, but their application will be given an advantage in case of equal points when applying for LOISM during Academic year 2021-2022.
- Students of category named above will be considered as having no prior international (LOISM) experience.
- HSE University – St Petersburg students that were nominated for Long-term Outgoing International Student Mobility Prorgrammes during Academic Year 2020-2021 and decided to cancel their exchange semester abroad due to policy of host university on providing only online mobility option for incoming students will be able to apply again and considered as having no prior international (LOISM) experience.
Wait for the results
- Evaluation of the applications usually takes around one month.
- Applicants receive a notification via email. Please, always check your spam folder or add firstname.lastname@example.org to the trusted contacts of your e-mail.
- If you have received a message from email@example.com saying you have been selected for the international mobility programme with one of the HSE University St Petersburg partner institutions, please reply and confirm your willingness to participate within the deadline mentioned in the letter. We will nominate you to the partner institution as soon as we receive your confirmation. If you do not reply within the deadline, we will have to offer the place to the next student in the ranking.
- We nominate students to the partner universities as soon as we receive a student's confirmation to our offer letter. Our partners usually contact nominated students providing all the necessary information and following instructions within the next month.
- Partner universities usually ask nominated exchange students to register on the internal portals of the host institutions.
- In most cases, you will need to provide your transcript of academic records in English, so request this document from the study office as soon as you get selected.
- You may be asked to provide a nomination letter from the home university. Please fill in the template (English or Russian) with your personal details and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org for the signature and stamp with the topic of the email: Nomination letter for [Your last name].
- You may also be asked to submit the Learning Agreement or Study Plan. In most cases template of such a document is provided by the host university. If you do not know where to get it, ask your coordinator at the host university. After getting the document, please fill in the information about you and your home university, if needed. For example, the correct the way to write the name of the home university is HSE University St Petersburg. Home university coordinator's details may be found on the page Contact us. After filling in the information, please send the document to email@example.com for us to sign and stamp with the topic of the email: Learning Agreement for [Your last name].
- In most cases, students need a student exchange agreement between HSE and the host university for their visa application. In that case please send an email asking for such a document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the topic of the email: SEA with [Name of the host university].
The exchange programme is not considered official unless the special order is released. Students must provide the scans of the following documents filled in and signed to their study office manager's email (copy email@example.com on e-mail, please), at least one month before the start of the exchange programme for the order to be prepared and released:
Request document for an international exchange programme.
NB! Do not send the Request document to the rector of the university for signature! This document has to be signed only with your School (Faculty) dean*.
*Does not apply for the School of Social Sciences and Area Studies as the dean signs the applications electronically.
Consent document for the international exchange programme.
The last version of the Individual Study Plan (rus. "ИУП") approved by the Programme Academic Supervisor and the Head of the Study Office.
A document stating that you are invited for the exchange programme to the hosting institution. For example, Acceptance letter/Admission letter/Invitation letter/Offer letter.
Call for applications within the university-wide partnerships is organized by our colleagues in HSE Moscow twice a year at the beginning of each semester. This option is open for students from all four HSE campuses: Moscow, St Petersburg, Perm and Nizhny Novgorod. You may apply for up to 3 universities. Bear in mind that the required application package and the deadlines are different for HSE St Petersburg and HSE university-wide calls for applications.
The best way to stay up-to-date with this option is to visit the main website.
- How to apply?
- Required documents
- Submit the application
- Exchange students experience
It is an opportunity to get two higher diplomas upon successful completion of the study programme. The one diploma is from the home university and another one is from the partner institution. Usually, students spend one academic year at the host university. The courses offered to students at partner university are aligned with the study plan at the HSE which allows the credit transfer.
The number of spots for this programme is limited and students are selected based on their place in the cumulative ranking and GPA.
Quantitative Techniques for Economics and Management (QTEM), is an international Master’s network bringing together outstanding students, academic partners and international corporations. QTEM develops skills in analytical and quantitative techniques to support decision-making in an international context.
The QTEM Master programme combines semesters at home university, semesters abroad, and an internship. As a result, by the end of the programme students spend two semesters at home university, two semesters at two universities abroad, and undertake an internship either in their home country or abroad. Students pay their travel and lodging expenses for the international exchanges, but they have no additional tuition costs associated with the QTEM degree.
Only students from the following Master's programs are eligible for QTEM Masters Network:
- Master's in Applied Economics and Mathematical Methods
- Master's Big Data Analysis in Business, Economy and Society
- Master's in Finance
- Master's in Management and Analytics for Business
To be considered, students
- must have GMAT/GRE score (min 650, 600 in case of the exceptional profile)
- must have accumulated impressive academic credentials, while taking a high number of analytical courses
- must be approved by a panel of academic and corporate members