An international student mobility (Student Exchange) programme is your opportunity to study abroad for one semester or full academic at one of HSE's partner universities.
Student Exchange is a unique chance to improve your language and communication skills, broader your Academic and career perspective and find many friends and future business partners from across the world!
Studying in a prestigious foreign university is an excellent highlight to your higher diploma which will increase your competitiveness in the labor market.
Centre for International Cooperation HSE St.Petersburg opens call for applications for international mobility programmes at the beginning of each semester. Besides, the students of the campus may benefit from the participation at the university-wide call for applications, which is coordinated by HSE Moscow Student International Mobility Office
- Student Exchange within the campus-specific mobility partnerships (open for HSE SPb students only)
- Student Exchange within the HSE's university-wide mobility partnerships (open for students from all HSE campuses)
- Language Internships within the intergovernmental programmes of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- QTEM programme
- Individual arrangement (freemover)
- International summer schools
- state-funded and self-paid students showing good academic performance (no failed exams)
- Bachelor’s students from HSE - St.Petersburg starting from the 2nd year of studies (the priority is given to those successfully passed at least four exam sessions)
- Master’s students from HSE - St.Petersburg starting fro the 1st year of studies (the priority is given to those successfully passed at least one exam session)
- PhD students from HSE - St.Petersburg (if this type of mobility is indicated in a student exchange agreement)
- Priority is given to the students who have not participated in the international mobility programmes before
The call for student exchange applications within campus-specific and university-wide mobility programmes is announced twice a year within the more or less regular dates.
Call for applications for the Fall Semester and the full academic year:
HSE - Saint Petersburg (campus-specific) mobility programmes: February 1 - March 1 (23:59) of the previous academic year
HSE (university-wide) mobility programmes: Februay 11 - March 10 (23:59) of the previous academic year
Call for applications for the Spring Semester:
HSE - Saint Petersburg (campus-specific) mobility programmes: September 10 - October 10 (23:59) of the current academic year
HSE (university-wide) mobility programmes: August 13 - September 23 (23:59) of the current academic year
Application periods may slightly vary from year to year. Some destinations require an earlier application, some allow late applications. Please follow our website - when a new call is open, it appears on the navigation bar.
Please visit the websites of other mobility programmes to learn about their specific application periods and deadlines!
- Exchange students (except free-movers) do not pay the tuition fee at the host partner university (some other fees e.g. application fee, registration fee, accommodation placement fee etc. may apply)
- Exchange students normally bear the airfare, accommodation and living expenses; a full or a partial scholarship covering the expenses might be received
- Your learning outcomes (credits) at the host partner university can be transferred to your HSE transcript of records
- Selection process is based on the applicant's academic performance (GPA, Ranking), language proficiency and volunteer experience
- Selection results are approved by the HSE St.Petersburg Internationalisation Steering Group
- One student can apply for multiple exchange programmes simultaneously but can be nominated for one exchange program only