Academic English Writing
- practicing clear, concise and graceful academic writing
- developing a writing project through multiple drafts
- developing strong argument-driven essays
- creating a BA Project Proposal and effectively presenting it to the class
- Plans and prepares a detailed outline of an academic essay,
- Students how to develop strong thesis statements
- Students learn about direct quotations: quotes embedded and paraphrased, modified quotes, styles of in-text citation
- Students learn conventions of peer review. How to give constructive criticism, how to generously engage a colleague's text. Practice written and oral review forms
- Students learn how to write an argument-driven essay
- Students learn how to write strong topic sentences and how to create compelling transitions between body paragraphs.
- правильно оформляет список источников и внутритекстовые ссылки
- The Academic Writing Range . Generic Research Paper: The Structure and Order of Writing
- Argument-driven essay
- Thesis statement
- Topic sentences, transitions.
- Working with quotes.
- BA Project Proposal
- Project presentation
- Peer review
- Classroom participationShort writing exercises will occasionally be required to be completed in class or at home. These will not be graded separately, but will comprise part on your participation grade, as they will be workshopped in class: if you do not complete them, you will not be able to participate in the workshop.
- 2021/2022 1st module
- 2021/2022 2nd module
- 2021/2022 3rd module0.5 * BA Project Proposal + 0.2 * Classroom participation + 0.2 * Peer review + 0.1 * Project presentation
- Bizup, J., & Williams, J. M. (2014). Style: Pearson New International Edition : Lessons in Clarity and Grace: Vol. Eleventh edition. Pearson.
- Joni Cole. (2006). Toxic Feedback : Helping Writers Survive and Thrive. University Press of New England.
- Puckett, J. (2017). Zotero : A Guide for Librarians, Researchers and Educators (Vol. Second edition). Chicago, Illinois: Association of College and Research Libraries. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1561980
- Harvey, M. (2013). The Nuts & Bolts of College Writing (Vol. 2nd ed). Indianapolis, Ind: Hackett Publishing Company, Inc. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=590706