Theory of Finance
- The basic objective of this foundation course in finance is to summarize the fundamental theoretical aspects of finance relevant to the future study of finance and application within the scope of your master’s degree.
- Acquire knowledge in the field of finance theory, decision-making skills in various areas of financial science.
- Acquire the skills of empirical analysis in the field of finance
- Explain the intuition behind the pecking order theory of finance
- Know the concept of uncertainty and risk in the modern theory of finance. Understand capital asset pricing model. Understand arbitrage theory of asset pricing. Can compare call and put options
- Topic 1. Financial assets: bond (theory and yields), shares (equity valuation).
- Topic 2. Market efficiency
- Topic 3. Mean-Variance theory. Expected utility approach.
- Topic 4. Alternative measures to mean-variance
- Topic 5. Introduction to financial crisis theory. Financial risk management
- Topic 6. Advanced Topics in finance.
- Topic 7. Theory for Financial Decisions
- Topic 8. The interest rate theory
- Topic 9. Bond Prices and Yields
- Topic 10.
- In-class activities
- Written assignment
- Final ExaminationThe midterm test will take a form of 2 hours (80 min) test of 40 open-ended questions in the LMS environment. The student is exempt from the exam if he has completed all the projects of the course.
- 2022/2023 2nd module0.3 * Final Examination + 0.3 * Written assignment + 0.1 * In-class activities + 0.3 * Homework
- Теория финансов предприятий : учеб. пособие для вузов, Моляков, Д. С., 2000
- Теория финансов предприятий : учеб. пособие, Моляков Д.С., Шохин Е.И., 2000
- Теория финансов : материалы для чтения : [по книге Martin J.D., Cox S.H., MacMinn R.D. The theory of finance], Martin J.D., 2008