Social Projects and Social Entrepreneurship
- To know the principles of social businessmen and civic activists work, to analyze their activity in economic, organizational and socially significant fields self-contained.
- To isolate the indicators describing the most significant social results of activity, to define a concrete technique of collecting and data processing for calculation of these indexes.
- To put the gained knowledge into practice.
- The knowledge of: the modern concepts of social business and its feature in Russian Federation; ways of social effect of the organizations activity determination; the modern methods of social effectiveness calculation.
- The abilities: to collect, to analyze and interpret the data characterizing the had social effect; to make calculations, necessary social effectiveness definition , and to prove the received results; to evaluate social effectiveness of projects and social entrepreneurship.
- The third and the fourth sectors: history, the current state, development tendency in Russia and worldwide.
- Logical model, resource evaluation, indicators.
- Social impact measurement for non-profit organizations, social entrepreneurship and citizens' initiatives.
- Evaluating of social effectiveness. Application of the SROI (Social Return on Investment) for social effectiveness calculation.
- Group project (неблокирующий)Data collection and analysis. Logical model building. Effectiveness calculation.
- In-class activity (неблокирующий)Individual and group assignments, problem solving, discussions and case studies (weekly)
- Home assignments (неблокирующий)Individual assignments in writing based on online course lectures
- Final exam (неблокирующий)Project presentation
- Промежуточная аттестация (1 модуль)0.4 * Final exam + 0.24 * Group project + 0.24 * Home assignments + 0.12 * In-class activity
- Barreiro, T. D., & Stone, M. M. (2013). Social Entrepreneurship : From Issue to Viable Plan (Vol. First edition). New York, New York [222 East 46th Street, New York, NY 10017]: Business Expert Press. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=637789
- Epstein, M. J., & Yuthas, K. (2014). Measuring and Improving Social Impacts : A Guide for Nonprofits, Companies, and Impact Investors. San Francisco: Berrett-Koehler Publishers. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=642564
- Girón, M. E., & Gardetti, M. A. (2014). Sustainable Luxury and Social Entrepreneurship : Stories From the Pioneers. Sheffield, UK: Routledge. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=818981
- Guo, C., & Bielefeld, W. (2014). Social Entrepreneurship : An Evidence-Based Approach to Creating Social Value. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=705924