“I got valuable comments on how I could improve my draft paper”
Daria Bobarykina, the second-year student of master's programme “Comparative Politics of Eurasia” participated in the conference held by Hamad bin Khalifa University in Doha, Qatar.
On 07-08 December, Hamad bin Khalifa University in Doha, Qatar, held the tenth meeting of the Association for Middle Eastern Public Policy and Administration (AMEPPA). Among the official representatives, guests and honorary members of the program were:
- Ghada Barsoum, President, AMEPPA Associate Professor and Chair, Public Policy and Administration Department, The American University in Cairo
- Dr. Leslie A. Pal, Founding Dean – College of Public Policy Hamad Bin Khalifa University
- Hamid E. Ali, Dean of the School of Public Administration and Development Economics at Doha Institute for Graduate Studies
- Alexander Dawoody, the Director of the MPA and Ph.D. Program in Strategic Leadership and Administrative Studies at Marywood University, USA
- Clyde Wilcox, Interim Dean for Georgetown University in Qatar since October 2021.
This event gathered various scholars who focus on different aspects of public policy such as Digital Governance, Public Policy, and Public Service Delivery, Governance in Post-Socialist Countries: Evolution and Challenges, New Eras in Foreign Policy for the Gulf and the MENA regions and many others. In total, 15 panel discussions were introduced during the event. The participants were presenting their ongoing and completed research in this field.
For me, it was an interesting experience as I got the opportunity to listen to more experienced people about their research and methods of conducting it. Moreover, as I was also presenting my draft paper, I got valuable comments on how I could improve it.
In general, such kind of events are very profitable for “young researchers” as they erase boundaries between you and older colleagues who are mostly the professors in universities or practitioners in international organizations or, sometimes, acting diplomats.
And I would also like to express my gratitude to Dr. Korneev who always pays attention to students’ interests and specific background and provides the information and opportunity to participate in such events like this one.
By Daria Bobarykina