- Learning how to use and explain theories of social psychology in different situations.
- Analyze and evaluate the strengths and limitations of published works
- Learn basic principles of social psychological interventions
- Apply social psychology theories to understand different social problems on group, organization and society level.
- Explain specific theories of social psychology and use them to interpret and predict behavior in specific social situations.
- Know and ready to use effective communication strategies on interpersonal and group levels.
- Know basic principles of social psychological interventions development on the group and community levels
- Introduction to the state of the art of social psychology
- Self and self-presentation
- Groups and group performance
- Interpersonal and intergroup relationships
- Social cognition and social influence
- Social psychology applications
- Exam test
- In-class ParticipationEach seminar students get a grade for seminar participation. Depending on the seminar content, one of three grading methods are used: 1. Short test on assigned readings or seminar content (0-4) + in-class participation (0-4).2. Presentation (0-4) + in-class participation (0-4).3. In-class participation (0-8). Up to 2 extra grades could be earned for the active participation in the discussion including providing thoughtful questions, elaboration, comments or criticism for the other students’ presentations and ideas. One seminar with the minimum grades would be excluded from the calculation of the accumulated in-class participation grades.
- 2022/2023 2nd moduleIn-class Participation * 0.4 + Project * 0.3 + Exam test * 0.3
- DeLamater, J. D., & Collett, J. L. (2019). Social Psychology (Vol. Ninth edition). New York, NY: Routledge. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1753380
- Deaux, K., & Snyder, M. (Eds.), The Oxford Handbook of Personality and Social Psychology. : Oxford University Press. 2018, https://www.oxfordhandbooks.com/view/10.1093/oxfordhb/9780190224837.001.0001/oxfordhb-9780190224837.
- Harkins, S., Williams, K., & Burger, J. (Eds.), The Oxford Handbook of Social Influence. : Oxford University Press. 2017, https://www.oxfordhandbooks.com/view/10.1093/oxfordhb/9780199859870.001.0001/oxfordhb-9780199859870.