Sociology of Consumption
- To learn the sociological perspective on the consumption studies
- To acquire the skills in methodology to create the own research in the sphere of consumption studies
- be able to critically evaluate and discuss current researches in the sphere of consumption
- be able to use acquired skills for the analysis of consumption practices in Russia
- Introduction to the sociology of consumption
- Theoretical approaches to the analysis of consumption: part1
- Theoretical approaches to the analysis of consumption: part2
- Cultural consumption
- Methodology in the studies of consumption
- 2021/2022 1st module
- 2021/2022 2nd module0.4 * Final empirical project + 0.4 * Homework projects (in team) + 0.2 * Seminar participation
- Corrigan, P. (1998). The Sociology of Consumption : An Introduction. SAGE Publications Ltd.
- Goodman, D. J., & Cohen, M. (2004). Consumer Culture : A Reference Handbook. ABC-CLIO.
- Peter N. Stearns. (2006). Consumerism in World History : The Global Transformation of Desire: Vol. 2nd ed. Routledge.
- Tony Bennett, Mike Savage, Elizabeth Bortolaia Silva, Alan Warde, Modesto Gayo-Cal, & David Wright. (2009). Culture, Class, Distinction. Routledge.