Basics of Programming in Python
- • To give students a comprehensive overview of the Python programming language
- • To develop basic skills of programming in Python
- • writes and executes simple scripts
- • knows and uses main programming constructions
- • knows the primary Python data types and operations with them
- 1. Introduction to Programming for Social Sciences
- 2. Basics of Python
- 3. Data types and operations with them
- 4. Loops and Sequences
- 5. Functional Programming
- 6. Work with files
- Home AssignmentIntermediate semester work on solving one of the problems related to the social sciences with the help of programming. Based on the materials of past seminars.
- Weekly Quizzes
- Online CourseSupporting online course with evaluatory tasks.
- Final examFinal exam based on the course material.
- 2023/2024 2nd module0.25 * Home Assignment + 0.25 * Weekly Quizzes + 0.1 * Online Course + 0.4 * Final exam
- H, S. (2013). A Byte of Python. Place of publication not identified: H, Swaroop. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsotl&AN=edsotl.OTLid0000581
- Lutz, M. (2009). Learning Python : Powerful Object-Oriented Programming: Vol. 4th ed. O’Reilly Media.
- Eric Matthes. (2019). Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition : A Hands-On, Project-Based Introduction to Programming: Vol. 2nd edition. No Starch Press.