Basics of Programming in Python
- To give students a comprehensive overview of the Python programming language
- To develop basic skills of programming in Python
- creates Python objects, writes and executes simple scripts
- knows and uses main programming constructions
- knows the primary Python data types
- Introduction to Programming for Social Sciences
- Basics of Python
- Loops and Sequences
- More Data Structures
- Functional Programming
- Decision-Making Programming
- Home AssignmentIntermediate semester work on solving one of the problems related to the social sciences with the help of programming. Based on the materials of past seminars.
- Weekly QuizzesA series of five-minute tests conducted at the seminars based on the materials of the online course studied at home.
- Final examFinal exam based on the course material.
- 2022/2023 2nd module0.5 * Final exam + 0.25 * Weekly Quizzes + 0.25 * Home Assignment
- H, S. (2013). A Byte of Python. Place of publication not identified: H, Swaroop. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsotl&AN=edsotl.OTLid0000581
- Lutz, M. (2009). Learning Python : Powerful Object-Oriented Programming: Vol. 4th ed. O’Reilly Media.
- Eric Matthes. (2019). Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition : A Hands-On, Project-Based Introduction to Programming: Vol. 2nd edition. No Starch Press.