Safe Living Basics
Галеткина Наталья Геннадьевна
- The course is aimed at the better orientation in HSE's conditions concerning learning process, academic activity, information resources, students’ rights, opportunities and responsibilities.
- participate in organizing and implementing various management processes, including the educational process.
- be capable of retrieving, collecting, processing and analyzing information relevant for achieving the set goals including successful learning and academic results
- take part in information dissemination through various media and information channels (both mass and individual).
- demonstrate knowledge of ensuring information and psychological security of a person
- represent the results of the information retrieval and analysis, academic or applied research she/he has conducted
- creates and maintains safe living conditions, also in emergency situations
- Information environment in HSE- HSE library: structure, resources, electronic catalogue, instructions for use. Acquainting with HSE library officials and their presentation would be relevant here - HSE computer classes: access rules and instructions for use - Internet resources for HSE students: HSE portal, BA programme site, Learning Management System, corporate email. Registration in LMS and corporate e-mail - Remote access to electronic information resources, licensing restrictions use of resources. - Information search technique - Wi-Fi at the University and dormitory
- Students in the academic space of HSE- The rules of the educational process and the normative documents regulating it - The basic and specific features of the educational programme «Political Science and World Politics». Meeting with the academic head of the educational programme if possible. - Different modes of educational process (individual curriculum plan, possibility and reasons for taking year out etc.) - Assessment and rating system - The programme of academic mobility - Anti plagiarism policy
- Extracurricular activity- Opportunities for personal growth - Recreation conditions - Student self-government, student council - Volunteer’s activity in HSE - Informal-learning settings in HSE
- The basic rules of safety in the city and at the University- Security measures in emergency situations of natural, social and technic character - Administrative security measures in HSE (labor protection, fire protection etc.) - Medical care in HSE, medical insurance Within the frame of this topic it would be relevant to meet officials from the social department and the labor protection department of HSE
- Student’s activities at classEach student is expected to attend all classes (lectures, seminars and workshops), participate in class discussions, group works and perform class assignments. Student’s involvement and contribution to the class discussions will be an object of assessment.
- Homework assignmentEach student has to perform a homework assignment – to find necessary information on the main topics of the course and to represent it in a form of written text. This text of approximately 6 000 characters should be written in 12 point Times New Roman, 1.5 spacing. It should be submitted in a Microsoft Word document (.doc) file by LMS on October 15.
- Exam test in LMSThe test includes main points and questions have been studied during the course. The exam test will last 1 hour 20 min. It will be held at the end of Module 1.
- Interim assessment (1 module)The cumulative grade (GC) is calculated as an average, based on the following equation: GC = 0,6·Ghw + 0,4· Gsa, where Ghw – grade for homework assignment Gsa – grade for students’ activities at class The final grade (GF) is calculated as follows: GF = 0,5·GC + 0,5·GEX , where GC - the cumulative grade GEX – grade for the exam test
- Безопасность жизнедеятельности в чрезвычайных ситуациях, Сычев, Ю.Н., 2007
- Harries, J., & National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children. (2006). Promoting Personal Safety in PSHE. London: SAGE Publications Ltd. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=258416