Business Analytics as a Tool for Effective Management
- The course is aimed at building skills in applying business analytics to real-world business and industrial problems
- Student applies business analytics to real-world business and industrial problems.
- Student uses a variety of data sources and tools in business analytics process.
- Student is able to find, extract, evaluate and prepare data for analysis.
- Student creates clear visualizations of data and prepares presentation.
- Student creates interactive dashboards and reports using business analytics tools.
- Student selects appropriate business analytics tools and methods for solving business task.
- Student interprets the findings based on business analytics.
- Introduction to business analytics
- Data sources and data preparation for business analytics
- Analytical reporting and dashboards
- Data mining and analysis
- ProjectThis is an oral examination: project presentation and defense (15 slides presentation). Written report must be submitted beforehand. Students carry out a project to apply the models and methods studied in the course to solve business problems. Students independently choose a subject area, form a problem statement, select the necessary data, perform analysis and interpret results.
- ТестElectronic test in LMS for 15 minutesю
- PresentationA 7-10 minutes presentation on the topic of the course.
- PracticePractical assignments.
- 2023/2024 2nd module0.4 * Project + 0.1 * Тест + 0.2 * Presentation + 0.1 * Practice
- Nabavi, M., & Olson, D. L. (2019). Introduction to Business Analytics. New York: Business Expert Press. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1922612
- S. Christian Albright, & Wayne L. Winston. (2019). Business Analytics: Data Analysis & Decision Making, Edition 7. Cengage Learning.
- Laursen, G. H. N., & Thorlund, J. (2016). Business Analytics for Managers : Taking Business Intelligence Beyond Reporting (Vol. Second edition). Hoboken, New Jersey: Wiley. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1367899