Humanitarian Aid Drive Opens at HSE – St. Petersburg
The Volunteer Centre of HSE – St. Petersburg will be running a donation point to collect humanitarian aid. The initiative is organized by the Volunteer Centre together with the All-Russian Public Organization ‘Russian Red Cross Society’. The campus students and staff are invited to participate.
The Volunteer Centre, which has been functioning at HSE – St. Petersburg since the beginning of March, has made a decision to join the Russian Red Cross initiative to collect humanitarian aid for Ukrainian refugees. The donation point for humanitarian aid will open on March 21 in the campus building on Kantemirovskaya Steet, 3A.
Volunteers will receive and pack essential items recommended for donation on weekdays from 10:00 a.m. to 07:00 p.m., in a room № 2005. All donations are sorted and then sent to the regional branch of the Russian Red Cross Society in the St. Petersburg region before being transported to refugees.
What is accepted as humanitarian aid:
- Clothing for adults and children (for children — 0-14 years)
- Personal hygiene products (shampoos, toothpastes and toothbrushes, shower gels, bar soap, toilet paper and napkins)
- Dry baby food (dairy and non-dairy mixtures for children from 0 to 3 years old)
- Baby food (mixtures, cereals, purees, juices)
- Plastic tableware (dishes, pacifiers, baby bottles)
- Baby Care Products (nappies of all sizes from 0 to 6, absorbent baby nappies)
- Care products for bedridden and elderly people (blankets, pillows, bed linen, towels, rubber slippers)
- Appliances (electric kettles, small refrigerators, microwave ovens, indoor extension cords)
- Stationery for children (books, coloring books, toys, felt-tip pens)
- Personal protective equipment (masks, antiseptics, gloves)
All items must be new, come in packaging and with labels. Food should have a long-term storage and a valid expiration date.
Those wishing to join as volunteers can write to the project curator Alexander Ugryumov (email@example.com).
Anna Tyshetskaya, Director of the HSE Campus in St. Petersburg
At our campus we have highly motivated students who do not only strive to receive the best education, but also have proved to have an active civic position and are always eager to help others. In my opinion, it is very important that the university provides students not only with knowledge and skills, but also gives them the opportunity to realise themselves through volunteering and other social projects. We support our students in their initiatives and are incredibly proud of those who actually take actions to help others in need.