Воскресенский Вадим Михайлович
- be able to work with various types of databases used for academic and news analytics
- be able to find relevant data and academic literature
- be able to apply social network analysis methods to analyze citation data
- be able to use the results obtained during the preparation of analytical reviews for their coursework
- Principles of the literature review organization1) Introduction to reviewing the literature. Principles of writing a literature review. 2) Course organization and policies. Resources for information retrieval. From research interest to research topic: constructing subject and object of research. Adapting the topic for bibliographic databases: keywords.
- Principles of working with citation databases (Web of Science and Scopus)3) Introduction to bibliographic databases. Writing a query. 4) Introduction to bibliographic networks. Citation practices. Predecessors/successors in citation networks. Network clustering. 5) Modifying the query for bibliometric databases. Data export. Citation software.
- Creating bibliographic maps in VOSViewer and CitNetExplorer6) VOSviewer interface. Term maps. Co-citation and bibliographic coupling maps. 7) CitNetExplorer. Dynamics in citation networks. 8) Academic reading and writing tips. Structuring a literature review. 9) Analysing citation maps. Reporting the findings.
- Principles of working with news databases (Integrum, Factiva)10) Working with news databases
- Interim assessment (3 module)0.6 * Final Project and Presentation + 0.4 * Homework assignments
- Wang, G. T., & Park, K. (2016). Student Research and Report Writing : From Topic Selection to the Complete Paper. West Sussex: Wiley-Blackwell. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1108252
- Davies, J., Goker, A., & Wiley InterScience (Online service). (2009). Information Retrieval : Searching in the 21st Century. Chichester, U.K.: Wiley. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=308933