198068 Saint Petersburg
Griboyedov channel embankment, 123, Room 324
t. +7 (812) 644-59-11, plus 61415
The Department was created on the basis of the Department of Politics, which was established in 2005. The main purpose of the department is to provide today’s students with professional training in the fields of political analysis and sociopolitical engineering, as well as in creating a special creative atmosphere that allows for the formation and development of a society of political experts who are capable of not only carrying out professional research, but also proposing and implementing solutions to relevant Russian and international problems.
Palgrave Macmillan, 2020.
Cook L. J., Iarskaia-Smirnova E. R., Tarasenko A.
Post-Soviet Affairs. 2020. Vol. 18. No. 5. P. 34-54.
Kivinen M., Maslovskiy M.
In bk.: Russian Modernization: A New Paradigm. Abingdon: Routledge, 2021. Ch. 1. P. 1-29.
OxonCourts Judicial Studies Graduate Colloquium. OxonCourts Judicial Studies Graduate Colloquium. University of Oxford, 2019
Working languages are Russian / English.
Topics for discussion will cover:Human Rights. Theoretical aspects
· The concept of human rights as a synthesis of law, philosophy, political science, and sociology: the list goes on
· The Concept of human rights, liberalism, and other ideologies
· The Concept of human rights and religion (Church): Protestantism, Catholicism, Orthodoxy, Islam, Buddhism, etc.
· Generations of human rights
· The human right to life: when it begins and ends (the right to abortion and euthanasia)
International aspects of human rights
· Post-war international organizations (UN, etc.) and human rights
· Human rights in international and Russian law
· The concept of humanitarian interventions and the "Duty to protect" principle
Protecting and promoting human rights: practical issues
· Human rights violations and their causes
· The Institution of the Commissioner for Human rights and its development in Russia at the Federal and regional level
· Public human rights organizations: Russian and international experience
· Human rights Violations in a Pandemic situation
Political science students from the HSE University – SPb and other universities in Saint Petersburg and students from other Russian cities and other countries are invited to participate. If you would like to deliver a speech at the seminar, please write to the Secretary of the seminar Ilya Nikolaenkov email@example.com by attaching short abstracts (1-2 paragraphs) no later than 01.12.2020.
The link to join Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/93506051722?pwd=b05yTW8xMmJUUyszMTM2YmxoUW8ydz09Meeting ID: 935 0605 1722Password: 745018