You will graduate from the programme as an informed specialist with highly professional knowledge and a deep understanding of many issues in Asian politics, economics and business. As a result of the programme, students will be able to:
- understand the basics of the methodology for analysing, evaluating and forecasting political processes, economic and national-specific risks in modern Asia;
- learn to communicate with the political and financial elites of Asia;
- study the basics of Asian business, entrepreneurship, management, investments, trade, economic and political cooperation;
- understand the strategy of promoting their interests in Asian markets, bringing foreign projects to Asia, and establishing multilateral Euro-Asian cooperation in politics and business connections;
- learn to protect their interests when working in Asian markets, including intellectual property rights, patents, trademarks, and technological secrets;
- develop skills in building relationships between Asian, Russian and European partners, to understand the negotiation process, due diligences and compliance;
- understand the impact of historical past, national ideas, and international relations on the modern development of Asia.
1. Internship abroad
The programme is carried out in close cooperation with a number of foreign universities at which students can do an internship:
- Beijing Normal University (Beijing, China)
- London School of Public Relations (Indonesia)
- Hong Kong City University
- Ca'Foscari University (Italy)
- Sheffield University (Great Britain)
2. In-depth study of foreign languages
As elective courses, the programme offers intensive advanced training in spoken and written modern Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Arabic languages (by request).
3. Stand out from other graduates
This is the only English-taught programme in Asian and African Studies in Russia that provides students with a comprehensive, truly interdisciplinary approach to business and politics in modern Asia.
The programme focuses mainly on the issues in business and political processes in Asia, including business and entrepreneurship, political and financial elites of the region, national-specific issues and intercultural communication between Europe, Russia and Asia.
The programme combines two main approaches: academic and applied. On the one hand, the programme covers the fundamentals of political, economic, social and national-specific processes in Asia. On the other hand, the programme develops practical skills for cooperation with Asian countries, both at the level of political and business consulting, as well as at the level of everyday business.
Graduates from the Master’s Programme 'Business and Politics in Modern Asia' go on to successful careers in a range of industries and leading organisations worldwide:
- Political and business analytics and expertise in think tanks;
- Consulting: political and economic consulting and crisis-management;
- In government agencies departments and private companies developing business relations with Asian countries;
- In SME, private entrepreneurship and networking in the crossroad of EU, Asia and Russia countries;
- In public service and in the media industry.
There are the following pathways to be considered before getting enrolled in the programme:
Pathway 1: International Admissions
International Admission provides an opportunity for any international applicant to enrol to a self-funded place and to compete for the discounts or even free tuition.
Applications are accepted online through the Applicant's Personal Account only.
Detailed information on the application process for international students is available here.
If you have any questions concerning international admissions, please email us email@example.com
Pathway 2: Competitions / Olympiads
Foreign nationals can secure a place at our graduate programmes through participation in HSE and international competitions. Learn more and register here.
Pathway 3: General admission (limited eligibility)
Certain categories of international applicants are eligible to apply for a state-funded (free of fees) place or for a self-funded place at our programmes along with Russian applicants.
Please note: within the general admission, international applicants will compete with Russian applicants.