Specialization in tracks on business or politics will allow graduates to enter political, industrial and business environments (e.q. Nissan, Gazporm, Toyota, UNESCO, The Ministry of Foreign Affairs) or continue an academic path with a well-grounded education based in both research and practical experience. Graduates of the programme could be accepted to doctoral programs in Russia and abroad at prestigious institutions. Among the career benefits of the programme are the following:
1. An interdisciplinary approach that combines methods from oriental studies, political science and economics, thereby providing students extensive knowledge of economic, political and cultural issues affecting Asia;
2. A variety of opportunities for students to engage in research work under the supervision of experienced mentors from Russia and abroad;
3. Profound English and Oriental language training;
4. The ability to compose and develop individual trajectories of study and research in a chosen region and field (politics or business / East Asia or Middle East);
5. A combination of theoretical courses and field work experience with real business enterprise coaching.
HSE University St. Petersburg considers the personal development of students as an integral part of studies. Students are encouraged to participate in a variety of activities and events, which foster personal and professional development. Personal development of students is supported through:
Student counselling, including consultations on participation in conferences, Summer Schools, applications to PhD programmes.
Students’ projects including projects in HSE research centers.
Students’ internship and site visits in partners business and governmental institutions, media outlets, tourist firms, NGOs.
Research and training seminars including regular seminar.
Guest lectures and seminars by researchers and practitioners.