Research Seminar 2
- The objectives of mastering the discipline of the Research Seminar are: teach students the basics of research activities; to teach students to present research results in writing and orally.
- The following competences: - Being able to explicate the scientific essence of problems in the professional field - Being able to use the relevant mathematical and technical tools for processing, analysis and systematization of data on the topic of research - Being able to prepare scientific reports and presentations
- Can make a research plan and stick to it.
- Able to present the results of scientific activity, both on the basis of his own work and on the basis of scientific articles written by other authors.
- Able as part of the research and production team lecture to solve problems professional activity performance in accordance with a training profile, communicate with experts in other subject lasts. Able to clarify the problem statement of analysis for data in dialogue with treasurer or colleagues put the primary task.Complies the timing of the experiments and the provision of reporting materials.
- 1. Research work of HSE students – goals, types, content, features of students' activities.
- 2. Choosing the direction and formulation of the research topic.
- 3. Working with sources
- 4. Features of theoretical research
- 5. Features of empirical research
- 6. Structure of the work
- 7. Presentation of results
- 8. Skills of reviewing scientific articles
- 9. Defense of scientific work.
- Presentation of the research projectmotivation, research question, methods and expected results, verbally and in writing, the final grade is the average of the two.
- Presentation of intermediate results (status report)Presentation of intermediate results (status report)
- Presentation of the results (pre-defense of term paper)verbally and in writing, the final grade is the average of the two.
- Activity during the seminar.
- 2023/2024 3rd module0.25 * Presentation of the research project + 0.25 * Presentation of intermediate results (status report) + 0.25 * Presentation of the results (pre-defense of term paper) + 0.08 * Activity during the seminar. + 0.09 * Activity during the seminar.
- A guide for the young economist : writing and speaking effectively about economics, Thomson, W., 2001
- The elements of style, Strunk, W., 2014
- Пиши, сокращай : как создавать сильный текст, Ильяхов, М., 2021
- Strunk, W. (2012). Elements of Style. [New York]: Start Publishing LLC. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=811372
- William Thomson. (2009). Bargaining and the theory of cooperative games: John Nash and beyond. RCER Working Papers. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsrep&AN=edsrep.p.roc.rocher.554
- Ясно, понятно : как доносить мысли и убеждать людей с помощью слов, Ильяхов, М., 2021