Research Seminar "Informations Support for Research in Management"
- Acquire knowledge about modern information technologies used to conduct research
- Acquire knowledge about working in MS Excel
- Develop skills for searching and processing information
- UC-7 The ability to work in a team
- PC-27 The ability to find and evaluate new market possibilities and formulate new business ideas
- PC-31 The ability to collect, process, and analyze data necessary for solving research tasks
- PC-32 The ability to choose relevant methods for processing information in correspondence with scientific tasks, to analyze the results of calculations, and to defend conclusions based on these calculations
- PC-34 The ability to analyze and interpret data from domestic (Russian) and foreign statistics about social and economic processes and trends, and to identify regular changes in social and economic indicators
- PC-35 The ability to use modern technical tools and information technology to solve analytic and research tasks
- 1. Basic Data Analysis in Microsoft Excelrevision (Worksheets and workbooks, inserting data in cells and ranges, formatting cells and ranges, ordering, subtotals, grouping, outlines, filters, conditional formatting.Getting External Data (text to columns)). Managing Connections. Removing Duplicates. Excel functions. Basic formulas: SUM, SUMIF, SUMIFS, COUNTIF, COUNTIFS, AVERAGE, AVERAGEIF, AVERAGEIFS, IF, NOT, AND, FIND, SEARCH, TRIM, CONCATENATE, LEFT, RIGHT, MID, UPPER, LOWER.
- 2. Graphs and Math functions: ABS, SIGN, ROUND, MROUND, POWER etc.
- 3. SMALL, LARGE, Advanced charts (BCG chart, Pie chart, scatter plot)
- 4. Basic lookup and references functions: VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, MATCH, INDEX, Lookup+IF, multiple criteria match.
- 5. Advanced lookupsLOOKUP as massive, massive, multiple matches. Advanced filtering, Dependent DDLs (INDIRECT), Paste Special
- 6. Financial functionsPMT, PPMT, IPMT. NPV, XNPV, IRR, XIRR, PI. Charts: waterfall. Applying custom data formats.
- 7. Data AnalysisGoal Seek, What-If-Analysis, Scenario Manager. Subtotal. Consolidation and 3D function.
- 8. Date & Time functions. CHOOSE, OFFSET.
- 9. Basic Pivot Tables and Pivot charts.
- 10. Multiple Pivot Table.
- 11. Advanced PivotGETPIVOTDATA, match several tables. Formulas auditing: Trace Precedents, Trace Dependent. Troubleshooting functions.Information functions. Forecasting (TREND, FORECAST). Advanced data validation.
- 12. MS Excel Macros and Excel VBA basics.
- 13. MS Excel Macros and Excel VBA intermediate.
- Interim assessment (4 module)0.3 * exam + 0.1 * homework + 0.2 * test 1 + 0.2 * test 2 + 0.2 * test 3