Place of internship
The place of the internship must be set by February 15. Place of internship is confirmed by the internship supervisor.
There are the following ways to find a place of internship:
1. Get assisstance from Career Development Centre. Each year, the CDC forms a base of places for internship, which will be provided by our partners for students. More information can be found on the webpage Bank of Internship.
2. Your internship supervisor can help to find a place of internship.
3. Internship can be completed in the laboratories and research centers of the Higher School of Economics, in this case you need to contact the heads of the respective structural units.
4. If you are employed, and the feild of the work meets the goals and objectives of the internship, you can do the internship at your work. In this case, it is necessary to provide a contract with the organization for internship
5. Find a place of internship yourself. In this case, you will need to provide a contract with the organization to the study office before starting the internship.
Educational Internship (DOCX, 57 Kb)
Work Experience Internship (DOCX, 58 Kb)
1. Before the beginning of the internship, together with the internship supervisor, students draw up an individual assignment for the internship and the schedule of internship. Depending on the place of internship, these documents can be executed in both Russian and English. They are filled in during the internship and signed by internship supervisors from the HSE and the company. After the internship is completed, an individual task and a internship schedule are presented together with the internship report on the day of defence. In the absence of these documents or the absence of the necessary signatures in them, the student will be denied admission to the defense.
Individual task for the internship in English:
Schedule of the internship in English:
2. Before the beginnig of the internship, it is necessary to sign an agreement. If the student is doing internships through the Career Development Centre or at the HSE structural unit, no agreement is required.
Agreement template in two languages Agreement
3. After the end of the internship, internship supervisor from company writes a review. The review can be provided in both Russian and English.
4. During the internship, students write a report. The report must be done in English. A sample report and review structures are presented in internship guidelines. The report is submitted in electronic form 2 weeks before the defence of the internship for verification by the supervisor of the internship. Students bring a printed report to the defence.
Internship defence is conducted with the board during exam period of the 4th module. To the defense student brings a printed report, completed and signed individual assignment and schedule of the internship, review from the company.
Students who do not complete the internship program without valid reason or who have received an unsatisfactory grade are considered to have academic failure.