Strategic Development of Corporate Distribution Networks
- The aim of course is to familiarize the participating students with the concept of supply chain management of industrial corporation.
- Understanding the fundamental concepts in strategic SC management and logistics: strategy identification and evaluation, firm strategic analysis, industry analysis, competitor analysis, strategic and organizational responses to external changes, corporate strategy (diversification strategy and managing the multi-business enterprise), and international strategy.
- Integrating knowledge gained in previous and current core and “semi-core” courses with a focus on understanding what part of that knowledge is most useful to general managers. Intellectual skills
- Developing an awareness of the impact of external environmental forces and of strategic actions by the logistics company and its rivals on business and corporate strategy.
- Developing habits of orderly, analytical thinking and skill in reporting conclusions effectively in written and oral form.
- 1. Supply chain management of industrial corporation and distribution networksElements of supply chain: planning, logistics, distribution network and customer relationship. Process landscape of every part of the elements.
- 2. Planning process in SCMKey elements of integrated planning process of organization Elements of planning: Demand Planning, Sales & Operation Planning, Production planning & detailed scheduling Effectiveness indexes of integrated planning process.
- 3. Logistic part in Supply managementElements of logistics: relationship with transport companies, operational control in logistics, warehouse and inventory management, project management in logistics analytics
- 4. Logistics and Relationship with transport companies.Difference between types of transport, specific parts of railway, multimodal transportation, truck deliveries Analytic cases for different types of transport and terms of deliveries.
- 5. Operational control in LogisticsComponents of operational work: acceptance of products at the warehouse, rules for the location of products, control of turnover. Calculation of infrastructure constraints when analyzing the possibilities of organizing shipments. Case: analysis of the possibility of transferring the warehouse management function to outsourcing.
- 6. Analytics in Logistics and Project management.Project management in logistics. Examples of calculating analytical indicators in logistics. Case: calculation of comparative models for the organization of transportation.
- 7. Distribution network and customer relationship management.General data about the process, the relationship with other blocks of supply chain management. The main stages of the process. NPV as an indicator of the effectiveness of supply chain management, taking into account customer focus indicators when building supply chain management.
- 8. Human resources in Supply chain managementOrganizational structure options for the successful functioning of enterprise supply chain management, general management performance indicators. Role and actual examples of the impact of supply chain management.
- Interim assessment (1 module)0.3 * Class participation + 0.3 * Exam + 0.4 * In-class tasks
- Ribas Vila, I., Lusa García, A., & Corominas Subias, A. (2018). A framework for designing a supply chain distribution network. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207543.2018.1530477
- Hyunjae Jung, Jaewon Kim, & KwangSup Shin. (2019). Importance Analysis of Decision Making Factors for Selecting International Freight Transportation Mode. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajsl.2019.03.008