Strategic purchasing and supply chain management
- Topics such as the role of procurement in competitiveness of companies, procurement strategy, category management, supplier selection, total cost of ownership, supplier assessment, supplier relationship management, supply risk management, international sourcing, procurement synergies, service procurement, sustainability, as well as procurement skills and maturity development will be discussed during the lectures.
- The aim of the course is to familiarize the participating students with the advanced concepts and frameworks of purchasing and supply management (procurement), and to develop students’ related analytical and decision making skills related to purchasing and supply management.
- Understand the challenges of uncertain economic environment in order to discuss ongoing research while using various concepts from the materials offered in the course
- Demonstrate deep knowledge and critical understanding of theories, principles, concepts and methodologies of procurement management
- Examine and critically appraise quantitative tools relevant in order to explore the strategic procurement management
- Plan and perform independent research projects in the area of logistics applying the advanced concepts of the strategic procurement management
- Introductions and practicalities of taking the course Key procurement concepts & procurement maturity
- Procurement strategy and category management. Supplier relationship management
- Supplier selection. Total cost of ownership
- Procurement performance management X-functional procurement teams
- Service procurement Supply risk management
- Supply market intelligence Innovation sourcing
- Sustainable procurement Procurement skills for the future
- in-class regular tasks
- экзаменThe exam consists of two written questions (50% of the exam grade each one).
- Ribas, I., Lusa, A., & Corominas, A. (2019). A framework for designing a supply chain distribution network. International Journal of Production Research, 57(7), 2104–2116. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207543.2018.1530477
- Villena, V. H. (2019). The Missing Link? The Strategic Role of Procurement in Building Sustainable Supply Networks. Production & Operations Management, 28(5), 1149–1172. https://doi.org/10.1111/poms.12980