198068 Saint Petersburg
Griboyedov channel embankment, 123, Room 324
t. +7 (812) 644-59-11, plus 61415
The Department was created on the basis of the Department of Politics, which was established in 2005. The main purpose of the department is to provide today’s students with professional training in the fields of political analysis and sociopolitical engineering, as well as in creating a special creative atmosphere that allows for the formation and development of a society of political experts who are capable of not only carrying out professional research, but also proposing and implementing solutions to relevant Russian and international problems.
Edited by: L. Issaev, A. Korotayev.
Cham: Springer, 2022.
Issaev L., Korotayev A., Shishkina A. et al.
Europe-Asia Studies. 2023.
Zakharov A., Issaev L.
In bk.: New Wave of Revolutions in the MENA Region. A Comparative Perspective. Cham: Springer, 2022. P. 109-135.
OxonCourts Judicial Studies Graduate Colloquium. OxonCourts Judicial Studies Graduate Colloquium. University of Oxford, 2019
Department of Political Science and International Relations, HSE St Petersburg in association with the Laboratory for Comparative Social Research and International Political Science Association are happy to announce the 4th installment of IPSA – HSE Summer School for Methods of Political & Social Research. The School will be held online from August 9 to August 22, 2021.
About the School
Advancing education in social science methodology is a way to improve the quality of research that strives to understand the inner workings of society. IPSA-HSE supports this idea, and offers a series of workshops, each related to one of the cutting-edge techniques in political and social research.
· Basic Statistics and Reporting in R with RStudio / Anna Shirokanova, HSE – St. Petersburg
· Mixed Methods Research / Werner Patzelt, Germany
· Experimental Research in the Social Sciences / Israel Marques II, HSE – Moscow
· Applied Regression / Eduard Ponarin, HSE – St. Petersburg
· Bayesian Statistics / Boris Sokolov, HSE – St. Petersburg
Advantages of IPSA - HSE School
· Teaching Excellence: We cooperate with professional instructors and experts, who have a profound experience in teaching methods, as well as applying them to their own research, published in highly ranked journals.
· Variety of Courses: This year we offer 5 courses on modern techniques of social research.
· Graded Certificates: Students may get up to 4 ECTS credits for the IPSA - HSE School. ECTS are given upon successful completion of examination procedures. Otherwise, all students receive certificates of participation (no indication of courses).
· Affordable Prices: Our mission is to provide affordable education! We offer quality courses at prices lower than most of the methodological schools in the world.
· IPSA - HSE Alumni: IPSA - HSE alumni join a vast network of IPSA Schools alumni with hundreds of students and scholars all over the world.
The IPSA-HSE School is open to all BA, MA, and PhD students, as well as faculty members and other professionals. The School will interest anyone involved in research activities in social sciences, politics, international relations, public administration, and related areas
* The discounted fee can be paid by the students and faculty members of the HSE and other Russian educational and research institutions, by IPSA Schools alumni, as well as by the citizens of the developing countries (according to the list: https://spb.hse.ru/mirror/pubs/share/242571054).
The application deadline: May 31, 2021
Further Info & Contacts Website: https://spb.hse.ru/ipsa Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ipsahse Email: firstname.lastname@example.org