English Language, Professional Terms and Basics of Translation and Writing of Scientific Texts
Yepremyan, Mane R.
- At the end of the course a successful student will be able to identify and describe key patterns, text structures, and vocabulary resources used in academic writing and presentation, to asses various writing styles and read research papers critically, to implement this knowledge in reporting their own research findings and writing research papers, and to communicate effectively and efficiently in academic environment internationally.
- The student can analyze, verify, and assess whether the information obtained is exhaustive and, if necessary, is ready to fill the gaps on their own The student can initiate and control multilateral communication The student can engage in professional activities, including academic and research-related, internationally
- (1) Choice and ImplicationsUnderstanding how essay types are organized Drafting the introduction to an essay Language for writing: common knowledge
- (2) Risk and HazardsUsing claims to plan essays Supporting claims with evidence
- Cambridge academic English. An integrated skills course for EAP. Intermediate. Student's book., Thaine, C., 2012
- English for academic study: Extended writing & research skills. Course book, McCormack J., Slaght, J., 2009
- Zhao, W. (2016). Academic English Teaching for Postgraduates Based on Self-Regulated Learning Environment: A Case Study of Academic Reading Course. English Language Teaching, 9(5), 214–224. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=eric&AN=EJ1099634