Data Analysis with Python
Nagornyy, Oleg S.
- Learn how to solve real-world data-related problems with Python programming environment
- Being able to manage the complexity of the program using the techniques functional and object-oriented programming
- Loading data from external sources (.txt, .csv, .json, .sav, etc.)
- Being able to scrape data from the web
- Data wrangling and processing
- Being able to write Python programs covering basic need of data scientist, namel Data visualisation
- Being able to write Python programs covering basic need of data scientist, namel Models building
- Topic 1. Review of Python's history and features. Expressions: objects and operators
- Topic 2. Statements and modules
- Topic 3. Network requests and web scrapping
- Topic 4. Errors Handling. Input/output. Programming paradigms: Functional and object-oriented programming.
- Topic 5. Linear algebra with NumPy and Data munging with Pandas
- Topic 6. Visualization
- Topic 7. Machine learning with Scikit-learn and StatsModels
- LabStudents’ progress is monitored during the course by one lab (for that purpose, LMS of HSE will be employed). Lab will follow the seminars. Student should not only reach the goal of the task but also pay attention to the code style and appropriate visualization.
- Mid-term testsEach test will follow seminars
- ExamFinal exam consist of a task on data analysis. The duration of the final exam is two academic hours.
- Bernard, J. (2016). Python Recipes Handbook : A Problem-Solution Approach. [United States]: Apress. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1174476
- Gerrard, P. (2016). Lean Python : Learn Just Enough Python to Build Useful Tools. [Place of publication not identified]: Apress. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1360162
- Hetland, M. L. (2017). Beginning Python : From Novice to Professional (Vol. Third edition). New York: Apress. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1174463